start of the next batch of salt and pepper mills

got the hard work out of the way with the pepper mills. got all 12 turned to round tonight. these are going to be some really good looking mills when they are finished. with the temp barely hitting 40, i picked up 2 of these heaters at costco. only used one of them, and from about 8 feet away, kept me nice and warm. also helps that the garage was holding its own at 50 degrees.
IMG_20201018_181822820.jpgIMG_20201018_173225234.jpg

Dan, love the ambrosia maple... does make for some pretty mills.... what style do you make, don't think I remember you showing the last batch finished... but keep in mind my memory doesn't go back very far.

Ok, you triggered a recollection.... I remember the antique style on the left... I have never tried those, but my friend that turned here locally made a number of them... I have tried the little one on the right... didn't like them as the top was a little more complicated than I wanted to do... I always do the crush grind and the little 4" and the 6" that PSI and a couple of their resellers offered.... can't find the 6" now as I think they were discontinued... was one of my best sellers too. :(:(

The ambrosia maple mills were the hardest to keep in stock... they do come out beautiful. :thumb::thumb:

They will look great Dan, if it is not asking too much how much will you charge for each? I want to compare prices with some artisan fairs we have here.

getting more done today. amazing what a new super nova 2 chuck will do. also picked up another drill chuck, and #2 taper, to eliminate a few steps in the process. up to 8 done (and ready for through drilling), 1 on the lathe, 2 waiting their turns (pun not intended), and 1 blank waiting to replace one with a bead blow out. it was 29 degrees this morning, and 40 in the garage. good thing i picked up those heaters, kept me nice and warm, and when done, it was 50 degrees in the garage. i have to admit, this is the best batch of ambrosia maple so far.
IMG_20201024_142919923.jpgIMG_20201024_182638255.jpgIMG_20201024_182645819.jpg

amazing day today, started out at 40 degrees in the garage, and wound up closing in on 55 degrees. i can now say that all of the salt mill bodies have been turned, and all that is left is to drill the proper holes for the mechanisms.
IMG_20201029_191022410.jpg