Friday 27Nov20

Dave Hoskins

No telling what's gonna happen today. Was going into the VA this morning but my legs burning changed my mind. Maybe later. Weather changing really plays the devil with my back and knees. Pretty cool and heavy rain tomorrow. Dunno, dunno, dunno.

Got an order on ETSY last night, so need to do some shop time to put together a peppermill blank and get it turned before Christmas.
Tomorrow looks like we will be shopping for a new lap top for the wife... her appears to have burned out last night... can't get it to come on and most of our financial information is on that computer :(:(:mad: since she's the family book keeper.

Good for you, Chuck! I've been shipping about 4 a week lately. Apparently you do Etsy a bit different than I do. I only put a piece online if it's ready to go right then. The most I might have to do is buff it again real quick before I box it up. Hope your wife had everything all backed up.

The weather has taken a bad turn here today...cold and windy with rain/snow coming later today. Good thing LOML put her outdoor Christmas lights up yesterday when the weather was nicer, lol.

I've got a couple of shop projects needing to be done but haven't decided yet if I want to deal with the cold shop temps.

Late to the party this week.

We had Thanksgiving with new next-door neighbors and their family yesterday - great people, lots of fun.

Had a slow start to our Friday, but made it over to Boston for shrimp and catfish. After lunch, we stopped by Dillon Candy to check their new retail store, then chilled out the remainder of the day.

Saturday, I'll continue with my shop cleanup and organization.

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then being lazy the rest of the day.

A bit late to the party, but spent the day working on networking stuff. Also upgraded our photo booth computer with an SSD, seems to have brought it back to life for a while longer. I'm planning to mount the cabinet on a PA stand tomorrow to make it a bit more portable and easier to setup. I have another coat of paint to put on the chair stretcher, and working on the rocker still.

Winterizing. Got the mower deck off the tractor, and the plow blade on. Got the snow blower serviced and started, and moved it from the barn into the shop for the winter. Put down the heated door mats. Shut off the outside faucets, etc.
We're supposed to get our first winter storm next week, but ground temps should melt some of the snow, since it's been a pretty warm November. In any event, I'm prepared.

babysitting, Ill recline and watch football, kaden fits in nicely next to me on recliner, like last weekend, he sleeps most of the games, but its a pleasure for me.
That's funny, when I recline to watch foot ball, Harley new 004.JPG snuggles down between me and the padded arm of the chair and then we both sleep through most of the game.

BTW, did I ever tell you I'm jealous of your grandbabies??? I do have 3 granddogs at my sons house...won't/can't babysit them though.

That's funny, when I recline to watch foot ball, Harley View attachment 113821 snuggles down between me and the padded arm of the chair and then we both sleep through most of the game.

BTW, did I ever tell you I'm jealous of your grandbabies??? I do have 3 granddogs at my sons house...won't/can't babysit them though.

Only have that one hrandson
I call my sons 2 dogs my grandchildren also
When I was
Recovering from knee replacement
My son and wife went out for an hour or so and left the dogs with me
I was hooked up to ice machine on recliner
Both dogs came onto my lap one ended up laying on my food leg the other on my arm
Whenever I tried to pet rocky on my leg moose would grab my hand with his mouth and pull my hand back
I was very impressed that a dog could exhibit that kind of jealousy and do something about it

Cute kid... think he's gonna take after Grandpa.

We have two dogs, Maggie that lives outside most of the time, about 13 years old and Harley that runs the house, about 8 years old... they get along well, but are definitely both are the jealous type. There a lot of pushing and shoving if I sit down and pet either one when the other is also present each trying to be the one I'm petting...
If Dianne and I are trying to talk, Harley will grab one of his squeaky toys and make as much noise as he can in the room.