Covid danger

David Johnson

To many people feel this virus is just a hoax, or fake news. Believe me it is very dangerous. Talked to my brother 3 weeks ago on a Thursday. Saturday he had ambulance take him to hospital. Sedated for just short of 3 weeks. December 7th the day that lives in infamy he passed away. In good health 67 years old. So this virus is some really bad stuff. His son and girl friend and another brother tested positive but no problems. Leaves behind wife with end stages of ALS and other family members.
Talked with sister in Australia and she is under the impression we are under the control of an idiot. But I will not go that way.
Had to let it out.
Every please follow the guidelines for this crud and stay healthy.
David

My sincerest condolences for your loss... I lost my brother to pneumonia in 1963 when he was just 13.... 57 years later I still miss him and think of him regularly.

I just canceled my holiday market shows which are usually pretty profitable for me because of the danger of maybe bringing it home to my wife. She has a number of underlying problems and I can't afford to lose her. We're both in our late 70's so that is another risk for both.

Condolences for your loss, David.

A former co-worker and friend back in Texas died from COVID just over a week ago. He and his wife both caught it. From the account we read, he went steadily downhill after diagnosis. She is recovering slowly.

We just decided to have Christmas in July, or whenever we all can get together safely. It's been common to have a big get together of family and friends on Christmas Eve, but it won't be happening this year. Just the 3 of us this time. A close neighbor and several members of her family are all dealing with it right now, and my #2 son's step daughter got it on Thanksgiving, just before coming here, along with her 2 sisters and their families. She works in ER in the local hospital, so likely contracted it there. She spent some time in the hospital, then at home for a few days, but is now back at work. When in your 20's you seem to recover quickly. I am so happy that she has recovered, but also very happy that she never got here for Thanksgiving. My wife, my handicapped son, and I will likely not survive this virus if it gets to us. These several very close calls have us very worried now. It seemed to be "somebody else's problem" until this all happened so very recently.

Charley

Sorry to hear this David!

I haven't been in a room with anyone other than the boss since early March (and neither has she).. Don't reckon I will be until probably next Sept from the looks of it.

The next couple of months look kind of scary to me based on the current data. Not liking it at all. It's going to be a hard couple years for a lot of folks for a lot of reasons.

Marie and I have been in pseudo lock down most of the year, I only wish more of my fellow Buckeyes would take it seriously (that includes some close relatives like out S-I-L). Condolences on your loss. Maybe better things are coming.

Last edited:
Our daughter is ill with Covid. We are, of course, very concerned for her. Christmas will be just like Thanksgiving for wife and me. Alone, no family around. That part is hard but worrying about our daughter is the most difficult. And the feeling of helplessness makes it worse.