Got My Wife a New Gun

We don't have problem with pigeons, here we have doves and cowbirds... they can empty a bird feeder almost as fast as I can fill it.

And the crows love the suet feeders... they can take them off the hangers and onto the ground then call all their neighbors.

We don't have problem with pigeons, here we have doves and cowbirds... they can empty a bird feeder almost as fast as I can fill it.

And the crows love the suet feeders... they can take them off the hangers and onto the ground then call all their neighbors.
We have lots of doves here, too, but for some reason LOML thinks they're OK. (I see them as "Pigeon Lite", lol.)

Birds don't give us problems. But the squirrels empty the bird feeder almost instantly. We have given up trying to attract birds with feed. My problem solving gun does not squirt water.

My preference would be something like an air rifle or a suppressed .22, but SWMBO (and local regulations) won't allow it. Keep in mind my wife is someone who cries when a mouse dies of fright in the Havahart live trap I've used in the garage. The only critters she agrees to kill are scorpions, lol.

An air soft weapon is my go to squirrel chaser, since like Vaughn, I'm not allowed to exercise my pest killer instincts on the homestead. Plastic bio-degradable pellets that sting enough to startle but don't break the skin. There have been some spectacular acrobatic leaps from the bird feeder. (The missus will tolerate the demise of the occasional rabbit that makes it way through the fence. They are super destructive in farmer Teds garden.)