Friday 07JAN22

Bill Arnold

Staff member
I've been absent from the last couple Friday threads - not too much happening around here - although I am starting to wrap up my office cabinet/display unit (photos to come).

Today will include our normal Friday lunch outing to Boston for shrimp and catfish. I'll also work on some finish steps on the office project before and after lunch.

As today comes to a close, a massage therapist will drop by to work on my old muscles. I've had two sessions to far and have had a lot of improvement.

Saturday will be more steps on the office project along with some plain old rest.

Sunday will be our usual routine of me preparing brunch, then just chillin'!!!

Monday, we will have a late night at the neighbor's. He's a UGA alum and vigorous fan of the football team!!

Working on some cleanup in shop. That is when it thaws out a bit. Haven't had my tamale ration this week so that's happening after Belinda gets her errands done. A bit of shop time over the weekend. The weather going up and down this past couple of weeks has my knees and back screaming so I admit of running slow. Oh, well. May not run any marathons, but I like turtle races anyway.

Just to cold to get out. Shop down till warmer weather. This winter had another transecophageal echocardiogram ( ain't that a mouthful). Which is a checkmof the heart for blood clot in the small sppendage in the geart, Well I still have a clot son not going to get the Watchman procedure to close off that opening. Feel fine so there is that Now having to figure out how to download pictures from camera to tablet to show past projects. Somehow I will make it work or my son will figure it out for me.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend. Stay away from the sick ones.
David

Shop clean up. Build a new bird feeder. Try to fix the large (4' x 4') stained glass window that provides privacy in our master bathroom. It's sagging and is danger of collapse so it needs to come out for repairs. It's really a two person job and I may just try and shore it up until my son in law (the glass master) comes for a visit.

Well I had planned to get my daughter's master bath finished for her over these past few weeks, Murphy had other plans. So between watching the sick grandkids and quarantining, I got in about 4 good days of work in on it. The plumbing is fixed, the walls have a couple of coats of mud, and the old floor still needs to be pulled up for tile. Since the old floor is in good shape, I'm planning to go over this evening to at least install the toilet and vanity so they have a "functional" bathroom. I'll plan a long weekend or two to come back up, pull those back out temporarily, and finish things up.

I'll be stopping by storage on the way out of town to take a load of stuff back with us. I really could use my mechanics tools and my hardware cabinets, the drive to town for a misc screw or bolt here and there really eats up my day. I also stopped by the borg and stocked up the work trailer on a bunch of misc screws, plumbing/pex fittings, and electrical supplies.

Hopefully the tractor comes back home next week and we can finally start moving forward on some projects that were on hold it was needed for, such as the septic perk test and the little house demo. Maybe get some firewood cut for the wood boiler if our neighbor doesn't come through with a few cords.

3 degrees this morning - had to shovel a few inches of dry powder off the walks and drive.

Playing catch up in the shop this weekend. Did not like the way the doors turned out on the walnut medicine cabinet so I salvaged the inlayed panels and started over with the frames. Fun times.

Got the poplar milled for the cores of the mahogany table so I may glue those up.

Meeting with a customer on Sunday - he wants 4 to 6 furniture pieces this year. QSWO Stickley inspired stuff - Sorry Bill.

Well I had planned to get my daughter's master bath finished for her over these past few weeks, Murphy had other plans. So between watching the sick grandkids and quarantining, I got in about 4 good days of work in on it. The plumbing is fixed, the walls have a couple of coats of mud, and the old floor still needs to be pulled up for tile. Since the old floor is in good shape, I'm planning to go over this evening to at least install the toilet and vanity so they have a "functional" bathroom. I'll plan a long weekend or two to come back up, pull those back out temporarily, and finish things up.

I'll be stopping by storage on the way out of town to take a load of stuff back with us. I really could use my mechanics tools and my hardware cabinets, the drive to town for a misc screw or bolt here and there really eats up my day. I also stopped by the borg and stocked up the work trailer on a bunch of misc screws, plumbing/pex fittings, and electrical supplies.

Hopefully the tractor comes back home next week and we can finally start moving forward on some projects that were on hold it was needed for, such as the septic perk test and the little house demo. Maybe get some firewood cut for the wood boiler if our neighbor doesn't come through with a few cords.

quarantining, feels like Ive been doiong that most of the past few months. on long island, everyone is ill. the gov. is asking people not to go hospital for testing, but there isnt a test to be had anywhere here in NY and suberbs.

I still dont understand why after 3 tests I tested negative each time, yet, had a bad cold, mild cough, cant smell or taste anything lately....clearing up a little, staying locked up in house or in garage for an hour or hour and a half each day.

I did get to try out my new snow blower today. while its way easier to manuever than my older one....its still a chore for me. I guess being fat and old and arthritic, nothing will help me if I dont hire someone to do it for me.

Gonna make a batch of Beef Vegetable soup I also need to take the side by side out of the garage and give it a good bath with the power washer it got real muddy last week end and I might go shopping for a shell for the New Truck. Church on Sunday morning. Nothing real exciting.

I think elens home made soup each day for the past week is what is getting me better. beef veggie sounds good, what I like most about homemade soups is that most people dont put that much salt in them. canned soup for me has way way too much salt...and most soups I purchase in stores...just way to much....better to undersalt or no salt at all and let people salt it to their own preference.

oh it is friday...cant remember what day of the week is it anymore, dont care...every day blends in now....nothing planned...elen has a bad back, Im still nursing bad back and cold symptoms getting a bit better, Im working on 4 of those layered outdoor dog patterns(plant holders)...just to keep busy....Id like to(well, thinking about it at least) offer them to and maybe some more to the local school for their may plant sale. pta raises money with plants. not sure yet..football on tv sat and sunday....and monday big night for college football.

Started the day going to the local hardwood store to get material prices for some spurtles a local lady has asked me to make. I had never heard of a spurtle...it's basically a wooden stick used for stirring food as it cooks. Spurtle is the fancy culinary term for them...I'd just call them bonkers, lol. This afternoon the Xfinity repairman is scheduled to come by to figure out why my wife's cable box (and DVR) isn't working. It's about 7 years old, so I suspect (and hope) he'll simply replace it with a new one. Later this evening we're headed over to my sister's house for prime rib dinner. My niece and her husband have been in town for the holidays, and this will be the send-off dinner before they return home to San Diego.

The rest of the weekend is pretty open at this point. We may take a trip south to the Bosque del Apache Wildlife National Wildlife Refuge to take photos of the various migratory birds that winter there. I have some new (to me) photography gear that I'd like to run through its paces. If we don't go there, I'll probably look for some place that's a bit more local to get some nature/landscape shots. It looks like we'll have sunny weather for the weekend, so one way or another I want to get out of the house for a photo session.

2 hour delay this morning. -18 windchill. Taking mom to UPS store to send 3 boxes to Florida. Eating at Fingerhut's (the diner we all ate at in Judson) for brunch. Then have some loose ends at her house to take care of as she is leaving for the South Bend airport Sunday morning. Supposed to become wintry mix in the afternoon and night clearing up Sunday. Then have to move cattle feed and take a load of wood to the stove in my old black Dodge. You all be safe and healthy.

woke up to -18 today. with not much to do today, not much was done. employment situation is still the same, meh. was expecting the dna matching kit (with slobber stick) to show up today, but it is really showing up on monday. anticipating any questions, my sister found out 12/24 morning that she has leukemia. she has gone through the chemo part, and the dna thing is to see if any of us match her for donation purposes.