My favorite end grain cutting board pattern

Here some in progress pics and glue up diagram. Creating the squares was the easy part. The big challenge was getting it all glued up nice and tight. I decided to make a melamine platen with a fixed border and opposing wedges. I waxed the platen and used masking tape on areas I don't want glue. Don't put wax on the wedges or they'll pop out when you drive the next one. Ask me how I know....lol. You need to be very precise with your dimensioning and corner notch. My saw blade left a little bur in the corner of the notch and I had to clean them all up with a chisel. I added the outside triangles after the main field glue up and cleaned up squeeze out with a chisel. IMG_2982.JPG66278639603__86BFFE49-7D6F-4CE6-BEE8-E5A88F6AB8AC.JPGIMG_2894.JPGIMG_2898.JPGIMG_2899.JPGIMG_2911.JPG
IMG_2982.JPG

Thanks for all the great comments. I really love this pattern too. Looks like I’ll be making a couple more. The cat is out of the bag now with the pattern and clamping strategy. Looking forward to seeing your version soon.

Here some in progress pics and glue up diagram. Creating the squares was the easy part. The big challenge was getting it all glued up nice and tight. I decided to make a melamine platen with a fixed border and opposing wedges. I waxed the platen and used masking tape on areas I don't want glue. Don't put wax on the wedges or they'll pop out when you drive the next one. Ask me how I know....lol. You need to be very precise with your dimensioning and corner notch. My saw blade left a little bur in the corner of the notch and I had to clean them all up with a chisel. I added the outside triangles after the main field glue up and cleaned up squeeze out with a chisel. View attachment 119206View attachment 119207View attachment 119208View attachment 119209View attachment 119210View attachment 119211
View attachment 119206
Beautiful, precise work with an amazing result. Really excellent, Dewayne!