Search results

1. A

Aspirin and COVID

Ok, so a lot of folks take aspirin every day. Of those that do, how many have had Covid? I had it in April of 2020. Almost asymptomatic. I was not taking aspirin at the time and had not for a few years because I started taking aleve. I didn't take an aspirin until yesterday. My antibody...
  2. A

Aspirin and COVID

I keep thinking about the old "Common Cold" remedy prescribed by doctors... "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning".... Alan
  3. A

Aspirin and COVID

I'm sure everyone has Google or the like, so you can search, read and draw your own conclusions. In discussing covid with my SIL (Reg Nurse) , #1 wife was told that the use of one aspirin per day significantly lowers the risk of blood clots and subsequent stoke in patients post COVID. Likewise...
  4. A

My favorite end grain cutting board pattern

I feel like I just watched a flying saucer land. Incredible work! Alan
  5. A

Is this oven shot?

Normally, when something like this happens to me, when the smoke comes out and you can't get it back in, I donate it to the junk man and get a new "whatever" and carry on. Or, I try to fix it myself so I can declare it "unfixable" and then get a new one.... Alan
  6. A

Good thoughts for Sharon.

FANTASTIC NEWS! Now wait on her hand a foot until she's completely well. You'll know she's completely well when she bops you on the head for waiting on her hand and foot... Alan
  7. A

Cool Approach for an Anvil

I have used and use several small railroad rail sections for various things. As an anvil they are suitable for what they are suitable for. The stands would certainly make them easier to use and move. Hot slag probably wouldn't mix in very good with plywood.... If I want to bang on something...
  8. A

Cool Approach for an Anvil

That's cool. Alan
  9. A

Firewood Prices?

#1 son sells Oak and Mesquite for around $200/cord, dumped, not split or cut to length. Hardly anyone down here burns wood for heat except on the rare days when it gets cold.. He sells to BBQ places. They want mostly oak and some mesquite and burn it in pretty large chunks. The larger pieces...
  10. A

Good thoughts for Sharon.

Hope things get better soon Brent. Alan
  11. A

New guy! Trying to navigate and get the lay of the land :-)

On a personal level, I don't want to alter any part of the remainder of my reality either good or bad, with one exception. Pain. Pain alters my quality of life and prevents me from doing the things I have to do and the things I want to do. I take a regular regimen of pain relief for a...
  12. A

Now this is a tractor

All the goats I ever had any contact with were mean, obstinate, Devil's spawn creatures. I only outsmarted them once and that was the day I got rid of them... Alan
  13. A

Now this is a tractor

Or a team of Spanish goats. But, goats don't train well... Alan
  14. A

Now this is a tractor

I could get my garden in in no time at all with one of those! Alan
  15. A

William Tell lives!

He must have an incredible arrow supply and he must practice continuously with arrows of all different weights and stiffness in order to shoot around those barrels. It is truly amazing. Alan
  16. A

This just BLEW my mind

I can barely turn a bowl and have it come out round and in one piece... That guy is truly phenomenal. He looks to be no to over 30 maybe even 25. At that age I couldn't drive a nail with one eye closed..... Alan
  17. A

True. This can be applied to any form of distraction. When a person is pushing material through a blade it's best not to be thinking about anything except not pushing a body part through there as well... Alan
  18. A

I'm still kinda trying to figure this one out.... Alan
  19. A

Good advice... Best not to do anything while intoxicated... Personally, I don't do the intoxicated thing at all. I found life much easier about 30 years ago living without intoxication. Life is too precious and too short to blur any part of it, even the bad parts... I always told my boys...
  20. A

#1 wife was telling me she wanted to start sewing more but was apprehensive about messing up and wasting material... I told her "Do you know how much firewood I have made out there in that shop?" You're gonna mess up, you're gonna waste material. Do it until you get it right. Alan