Search results

1. Leo Voisine

Friday 27May22

Well, it's a rainy stormy day today. My granddaughter has a competition event in Whitman Mass that we will attend. Tomorrow - Sunday - will be a sunny pretty day so we will do our anniversary day tomorrow. The cape is beautiful as is all along the canal. I will bring my camera.
  2. Leo Voisine

Friday 27May22

Tomorrow we celebrate our 45-th. We go out to Eastwinds Seafood in Wareham for a New England Scallop plate. Local Scallops, never frozen - scrumptious. Then we bebop around the Cape Cod Canal.
  3. Leo Voisine

Lumber prices - BUT - BUT

I am not really one to "buy" plans, but I did buy this one and another style of his 3 picket box plans. I believe I can sell these right on my front yard. Make my $15 back in the first sale. I am also going to stock up on a pile of pickets. This will be a winter project to get ready for next...
  4. Leo Voisine

Lumber prices - BUT - BUT

I have been watching videos about making garden planters. One of them uses a pile of PT 2x4 and 2x6. Lots of money there. However, one guy that is frugal talked about lumber pricing and how to squeeze pennies. My kinda guy. He said that even though the lumber prices are going thru the roof -...
  5. Leo Voisine

Another shortage I don't see as a crisis...

It's all about consumerism. What can we SELL. I grew up in a world where the store shelves in a supermarket did not have nearly as many items as there is today. Plus the supermarkets were a LOT smaller and there was NO Walmart. Mashed REAL carrots with nothing else in there is actually good...
  6. Leo Voisine

Metal Fab

Ryan, you absolutely are correct. There are many an artistic craftsman, hidden, in the trenches and they never make the BIG time. They are there, for sure. Also, it's interesting checking out those little operations, some as small as 1 or two people to others that me 10-20 people. My...
  7. Leo Voisine

Who Is ??

This sounds like Shawshank Redemption.
  8. Leo Voisine

Metal Fab

Yeah - $80 - $100 seems like the price range. Custom work is not cheap. When I was working in the industry we got TONS of custom work done. I don't know anyone that would do those pulls. Well - I actually do know - but I have no contact information. When I worked at Johnson and Johnson we had...
  9. Leo Voisine

Metal Fab

I wish I knew a source. I know from metal machining all my working life that there are different levels of skill in all of the trades. Finding a welder with the fine welding skills to that degree is a special talent. Finding a metal fabricator with the fine fabrication skills to that degree...
  10. Leo Voisine

Who Is ??

So far Ryan is the kid at 49.
  11. Leo Voisine

Who Is ??

So far I am the youngest
  12. Leo Voisine

Who Is ??

The youngest contributing member? Not talking grand kids!! I am 68
  13. Leo Voisine

Hoooowwweeeee - here we go again

OK - made it through. We hit 90 yesterday. A/C worked fine. Sitting and doing nothing in the shade was OK, but nothing got done. Today we have highs in mid 70's - tomorrow mid 60's Then mid 70's for a while after that. I will definitely take advantage of the cooler days. I really don't mind...
  14. Leo Voisine

Inflation (beyond the price of gasoline)

All of these things is going to hurt all of us in different ways. I spend many years "trying" to cover some of those costs in different ways, in preparation for retirement. No matter - food, gas, propane, medical expenses. All of it is going to hurt. IS hurting. I am certainly - NOT - in...
  15. Leo Voisine

So that is one of the big reasons I stay in New England. I do NOT like the hot weather.
  16. Leo Voisine

Yesterday it was rainy and cold. It was 55 for a high temp. Today and tomorrow = HIGH 80's to near 90 with humidity in the 80's I am NOT ready for the hot weather. Fortunately after Tuesday it goes back into mid 70:s
  17. Leo Voisine

Floating Cabinet with a Floating Top

OK OK WOW There is a time when it is correct to be called "GRASSHOPPER". I am seriously thinking about changing my name to >"GRASSHOPPER". I thought that I knew something - BUT - was wrong. There is "something" about this place. But, I will be grasshopper from now on. ERRR, can you...
  18. Leo Voisine

Friday 20th ,, weekend doing's

I took my Walnut Cookies out of the PEG solution after one month of saturation and added more untreated cookies for another month of saturation I built a 6 foot sliding barn door for my shed and I need to finish it up. I plan to till the main garden this weekend. I need to get my seedlings...
  19. Leo Voisine

GASOLINE????

I remember when I first got my license we could go to Mutual Gas and it was .28 per gallon
  20. Leo Voisine

hgf

No idea what this means