Search results

1. Mike Stafford

I am Famous

My only claim to fame is an occasional appearance on the bulletin board at the post office.
  2. Mike Stafford

DIY Stairs

Well, I have seen it all. It is rare that you see such workmanship.
  3. Mike Stafford

Fresh lobster

All I have to say is it is no wonder that the roadrunner was able to outsmart the coyote. Around here the birds are so dumb that they fly into window panes and storm door panels..
  4. Mike Stafford

Fresh lobster

What eats scorpions? If there is an animal that eats scorpions I believe I would be domesticating one for a house pet. If I am not mistaken shrews eat scorpions. Shrews are not very large so you would hardly notice one of the little buggers taking care of your unwanted stinging pests.
  5. Mike Stafford

Gent's boxes

I would have preferred no dividers as well. I tried to talk him out of it but, as we all know, the customer is always right.
  6. Mike Stafford

Gent's boxes

Back in the days when I was selling a lot of boxes most of my sales were to women. Women bought jewelry boxes, decorative boxes and boxes for their children. There were a few men who were customers but by a large margin women bought most of the boxes. On occasion a woman would ask about a box...
  7. Mike Stafford

Happy Birthday Don Baer!

8. Mike Stafford

in case of the zombie Apocalypse

I don't think this particular model is available at Walmart.
  9. Mike Stafford

Fancy Bread Pudding

That's good news for both of us as I would hate to disappoint you as much as I disappoint the ladies. :ROFLMAO: It is a wonderful recipe and quite delicious. The challah makes it lighter than most bread pudding recipes. You can use whatever bourbon you like. In this instance we use Jack...
  10. Mike Stafford

Fancy Bread Pudding

Check the recipe, Paul, you get to use a 3/4 cup in total.
  11. Mike Stafford

Fancy Bread Pudding

I am going to post this recipe but I am warning all of you that I will not be responsible for what happens when you serve it. My wife plays bridge and also is a member of a book club. When it is her turn to host I usually cook for the ladies. Sometimes it is a full meal and sometimes it is...
  12. Mike Stafford

Japanese inspired cherry soup bowl

I like mine with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
  13. Mike Stafford

On all Japanese bowls the foot is hollowed. On this bowl there is approximately 1/4" of wood between the hollowed foot and the bottom of the bowl. Japanese bowls are meant to be taken in hand and used by raking food into the mouth with chopsticks and drinking liquid by bringing the bowl to the...
  14. Mike Stafford

Pink Tasmanian myrtle box

This is the last piece of Pink Tasmanian myrtle in my stash. It is supposedly Pink Tasmanian Myrtle burl but I don't see any burly figure in this piece.. Over the years I must have turned at least 25 pieces of this wonderful fine grained wood. The color is so wonderful and when finished it...
  15. Mike Stafford

This is piece of cherry that I have had for a while. It was the right size for a small Japanese soup/rice bowl. 2 1/8" tall and 4 1/4" in diameter. It will never see a drop of soup because it has been added to my wife's collection and more than likely it will see use as a container for M&M's...
  16. Mike Stafford

How many of you use Incra rulers?

Speaking of expensive tools.... https://bridgecitytools.com/
  17. Mike Stafford

Beauty!

This song, Chuck?
  18. Mike Stafford

Beauty!

Something similar happened to me while I was driving a 1962 Rambler American two door. It was white just like the one pictured below. The throttle spring which pulled the gas pedal back up broke while I was driving causing the gas pedal to go to the floor. I think that car got up to 78 mph...
  19. Mike Stafford

How many of you use Incra rulers?

When I was building boxes I was a stickler for accuracy as it is hard to hide mistakes in a small item. So I bought Incra rulers and T-rules in 6", 12" and 18" sizes. I really liked the T-rules and the rulers with a right angle bend along its length which made it easy to transfer measurements...
  20. Mike Stafford

Cheap but indispensable tools

That is interesting as I have used lacquer, wipe on poly, Danish oil, Antique oil and various solvents such as mineral spirits, denatured alcohol and turpentine in my cups. Before I discovered these cups I used waxed bathroom cups. They worked for a while but the solvents eventually ate...