Search results

1. Ryan Mooney

polish sausage mk2

You can pretty much just make that into sausage patties that work real well pan fried. In fact if you get a grinder... you can easily grind primals and mix the spices yourself and then make sausage patties... Of course it's only a small jump from there to also get a stuffer (I have a 10lb LEM...
  2. Ryan Mooney

YouTube TV Questions

Having worked in the industry for 30+ years I can definitively say that it was just that they were software engineers. I would wager that they also reinvented every possible feature in a new, unique, and probably less functional form along the way as well.
  3. Ryan Mooney

Fed up!

I was recently informed that 2 stroke engines actually do NOT like to be run dry which was very much news to me. Reading more about it though it makes sense. The recommendation is to run them until they sputter, then add some stabilized fuel and run them for a minute more then shut them down...
  4. Ryan Mooney

Fed up!

Replace the carburetors and 9/10 times they'll take right off.. then you can get most of the money back you spent on the carb kits when you sell them...
  5. Ryan Mooney

A big day at our house...

There are an endless supply of projects if you look for them and for some of us even if you don't! But yes staying busy does seem to be very conducive to keeping on keeping on. Given the intersection (and assuming she doesn't already have it... )...
  6. Ryan Mooney

YouTube TV Questions

Yeah, it's kind of a trade off between several devices where the UI was apparently designed by people who hate their users with the burning passion of a thousand suns. The non-tv devices are at least somewhat less likely to break themselves quite as randomly as the TV's do.
  7. Ryan Mooney

YouTube TV Questions

Buy a Roku, smart tvs are all terrible.
  8. Ryan Mooney

Quick garden update

Well neither the current nor the incoming place is in any way what I'd call "sandy" lol. At least the new place is "silty loam clay" instead of "the clay got to thick for the brick factory clay". The place I grew up on on the Fraser River was "glacial till" but pretty sandy glacial till and...
  9. Ryan Mooney

Quick garden update

Looks like at least to some extent. They’re planting watermelons on the sunnier part this year because they did well at market last year. I’ve been talking with them about what we found worked well in the other parts.
  10. Ryan Mooney

Quick garden update

And there’s a whole lot more of it. This spot isn’t my final big garden spot, it’s just where the most mostly surviving fence is at the moment an we’d started a few hundred onions before we found this place and felt obligated to plant then hah.
  11. Ryan Mooney

Quick garden update

And so we begin again…
  12. Ryan Mooney

Boob Tube Help?

For the internet side only… If it’s the hughesnet with the landline uplink and satellite downlink I’d look real hard at starlink instead. If you can get just internet from your current cable provider (you usually can) and ditch the tv part that might also be a good option and just stream...
  13. Ryan Mooney

Penetrating Oil Comparison

Pretty sure project farm did a comparison as well
  14. Ryan Mooney

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

The wasp is entirely optional unless you also want seeds
  15. Ryan Mooney

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

They sucker like mad if they get frozen or cut back and there are a bunch of varieties some of which seem to be bushier than others. The bushy ones here seem to survive better because they come back from root if they freeze better.
  16. Ryan Mooney

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

Most of them really are, hence the reason I keep taking cuttings off of this tough old one :) I know it's been there over 20yrs and still kicking so even though it's not necessarily the best fig.. it's a real tough one! Which seemed worth keeping around. I still dry a lot of fruit but I mostly...
  17. Ryan Mooney

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

Some inspiration: https://archive.org/details/gems-of-american-architecture-william-royal-greer-illus-charles-e.-calder-c.-1935/page/n1/mode/2up Sure never slowed my grandpa down (ok maybe a little but a sip here and there was pretty well offered). There's a fig bush growing down the street...
  18. Ryan Mooney

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

Looks like an awesome spot! Nice little fishing spot right there as well, and your garden spot is real nice!
  19. Ryan Mooney

Eclipse today

20. Ryan Mooney

Eclipse today

Nice! Looks like some folks are at least getting some awesome weather for it! It was cloudy enough here you could notice that it got slightly darker very briefly.