Search results

1. glenn bradley

past medical records.

If you had Health Care Power of Attorney, you are them where I live.
  2. glenn bradley

Craftsman/Emerson 113.27520 Tune Up

Correct. The old motor would have been cool to use but, the state of the wiring led me to use another. IIRC I got this motor for a song from a member here many years ago. I have an old 1HP motor that came with a 1970's Emerson saw I once owned. I will be swapping to it not so much because...
  3. glenn bradley

Bearings arrived. These are interference fit so a good cleaning of the receiver was in order. The fit was still tighter than I wanted to force. I also didn't feel like pulling the trunnions to get access to press things in. I took a page out of the old "how to do it without special tools"...
  4. glenn bradley

Glue to use on cutting boards

TB-III on cutting boards and trivets. No failures with years of use. Post glue up, things still move a bit. Critical to avoid in laminations (spring back is another problem area) and seams under high gloss finishes.
  5. glenn bradley

Got some sad news last night.

Sad news Don. My condolences.
  6. glenn bradley

I rarely do this :rolleyes:BUT, I failed to check the I.D. of the bearings. They are 6202's and even bear the Craftsman part # 3509. Unfortunately the I.D. is a fat 32nd of an inch too small; probably 15mm instead of .625 inches. The good news is that it is a "no return refund" on Amazon so...
  7. glenn bradley

The base is sanded and shellacked. I flip it upside down on the one clear spot on the bench and set the mobile base on top . . . or bottom in this case. I drill 5/16" through holes for the 5/16" carriage bolts. I drill the metal to 3/8" to allow the carriage bolt shoulder to jam into it...
  8. glenn bradley

So, what's your angle?

Poor response aside, I’ve tried at least a half a dozen in the Beall has been the most reliable and consistent. I also experienced the phenomenon you report. I do have to be careful but I am not going off axis but in your pictures that does not appear to be the case.
  9. glenn bradley

Skilsaw Tablesaw - 120v - Glad to Have It

I have started a new thread to cover the 113. saw rebuild.
  10. glenn bradley

A thread about a hand-me-down Skil brand job-site saw started to wander (my fault) into the reviving of my grandfather's 113.-saw. To try to make the info more accessible to future visitors I am starting this thread. Quick recap: Grandpa's saw, bought new around 1950-52. Was handed down to my...
  11. glenn bradley

Ash & Epoxy

She's a beauty Steve.
  12. glenn bradley

A Bosch was also my introduction to the fact that a jig saw was an actual tool :D. I love my 1591. Dad says "Hi" back and just left for his morning walk. He has a mile-plus route through the neighborhood and I join him every other day; he walks one route every day. Not bad for a guy who...
  13. glenn bradley

So, this saw scares the pee-wad outta me on almost every cut. It is like the tablesaw equivalent of the plastic body Skil jig saw I owned back in the 70's; a real 'jumping jack' of a tool. I have Grandpa's 1950's 113.27520 that has been waiting to become a crosscut station or something like...
  14. glenn bradley

Rags

Acid brushes and rags are a couple of items I will react to when a really good sale is going on. So far, keeping an eye out for stupid-low prices on quality items (as happens now and again) has kept me in both :)
  15. glenn bradley

Map Chest in walnut

That is a fairly wide span for 3/4" material so I get your concern. The question is, will the removal of material from the divider and the addition of the weight of the metal do more harm that good? You may want to consider aluminum or even fiberglass. I'm thinking out loud as I write this...
  16. glenn bradley

Map Chest in walnut

The top most divider dado could come all the way to the front but, terminate in a sliding dovetail. One "last in" divider could give you the room to use typical buttons or figure 8's. The trim could slide into an exposed dovetail. Very traditional. The top most position creates a visual...
  17. glenn bradley

Cleat Fixtures - Sliding Pegs

I can't help but hear Paul Newman as Butch Cassidy when I say this . . . . "Well, that oughta do it" Twenty-two of 'em. That's more than I planned on but, when the shop gods hand you neighbor's scrap, you must do your durndest. Now if only I had a shop to hang them in . . . This'll keep 'em...
  18. glenn bradley

I got them all sanded and knocked the sharp edges off. Got a coat of shellac on about half of them but I think I’m done for now.
  19. glenn bradley

Boredom strikes again! A neighbor was tossing some old cabinets made of shop grade plywood. I scrounged it for scrap and added some scraps and whatnot of my own to make more cleat peg fixtures. Between the freebie tablesaw and my CMS I was able to batch out parts that are close enough...
  20. glenn bradley

Veterans Day, 2020

Thanks to you all, past and present.