Search results

1. steve ramsey

Four Day week end doing anything special

With the upcoming surgery I'm under quarantine. Son & DIL are going to drop off smoked turkey dinner on the porch this afternoon, really going to miss seeing the grandkids. Going to try and turn a couple more pieces then clean up and shut down the shop. You all have a great turkey day whatever...
  2. steve ramsey

Potpourri

You were my inspiration for this. Was hoping to get more of these completed but am running out of time'
  3. steve ramsey

Lidded Bowl

That was my wife' first comment " looks like an acorn".
  4. steve ramsey

Oak Bowl

I filled, turned, filled, turned,........ until I decided it would either work or I would lose it. I used poured epoxy, all 3 CA' and epoxy mixed with coffee grounds. It was intended for my FIL but I'm not happy with it.
  5. steve ramsey

Potpourri

Red Bud pot 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".
  6. steve ramsey

Oak Bowl

White oak bowl that I have been fussing with since last spring, the cracks just wouldn't stop. every time I thought I had them all more would appear. Finally decided to just finish it. Measures 10" x 4".
  7. steve ramsey

Lidded Bowl

Bowl is elm , lid is redbud. I started the lid in walnut but decided it needed more contrast. Bowl is 6" x 4"
  8. steve ramsey

Friday 20Nov20

Absolutely not. No long have the cast iron stomach of a 13 year old or the macho atmosphere of a bunch of young teens.
  9. steve ramsey

Converting an old barn to a shop

Lucky you. I would be chomping at the bit to tear into that. I am assuming you are going to reside & have a wood finish on the inside. A couple of thoughts: Fur out from the existing framing. Notch the furring around the existing framing so the wood finish is flush to the inside face of the...
  10. steve ramsey

Friday 20Nov20

I worked on a horseradish farm when I was a kid. Loved munching on that stuff as I worked.
  11. steve ramsey

Ash & Epoxy

I partially turned this bowl last spring and filled the voids and cracks with some epoxy I had sitting around just to see how it would work. Then I finished turning it last week. I don't recall if any of the cracks went all the way through.
  12. steve ramsey

How NOT to Do It

What a shame, hopefully it is only a storage structure.
  13. steve ramsey

French Rolling pin

Nice. I like the contrast. Not making any of those , might get wacked. :D
  14. steve ramsey

Been A While

Glad to see you back in the saddle. Beautiful work.
  15. steve ramsey

Ash Bowl

Nice looking bowl Chuck. I picked up the ash I'm turning from my sons place. With the ash borer there is a lot of standing dead trees. The problem I am running into is the wood is dry, brittle and punky. I failed with a lot of it before I got these to come out. The main problem the cracks from...
  16. steve ramsey

Small Bud Vases

With spending 6 months in northern Wisconsin I really missed the lathe. Also I'm trying to get as much done as possible I've got a knee replacement scheduled for the end of the month.
  17. steve ramsey

Basic Bowl

Nothing to stabilize it. I just take what it gives me. I've got a big scrap pile. Keeps me in wood for roasting weenies.
  18. steve ramsey

Basic Bowl

All of these are the same finish: Mineral oil/ bees wax/ diatamatious earth while it is on the lathe. Then buffed out with the Beale System: jewelers rouge/ white diamond/ carnauba wax.
  19. steve ramsey

Ash & Epoxy

OOPS
  20. steve ramsey

Ash & Epoxy

Another Ash bowl. On this one I filled a void with some old epoxy I had in the cabinet last spring and finished last week. This one is 8 1/2" x 2 1/2".