Search results

1. Rennie Heuer

Friday 22Jan21

The 735 is up and running better than ever. Quieter than before so I'm thinking there may have been an issue with the first head. Not even getting any of the ridges I did with the previous head.
  2. Rennie Heuer

Electric hand plane diagnose, = bad prognosis

I have the Ryobi as well - good for carpentry but I used a planer only once on the bottom of a door and it tore up the veneer face and the end grain of the stiles. Never again. The track saw is the perfect tool for trimming doors IMHO.
  3. Rennie Heuer

Friday 22Jan21

Still playing catch-up from when the planer was down. Trying to juggle multiple priorities.
  4. Rennie Heuer

Happy Birthday Tom Niemi!

HB2U!
  5. Rennie Heuer

price/value puzzlement

I had the distinct pleasure of sitting at a small table made by Nakashima. (The CEO of a company I worked for out of Philadelphia could afford it) The workmanship is something to be appreciated, to be sure. However, even if I had it, I don't think I could part with $100 grand for one.
  6. Rennie Heuer

Happy Birthday Brent Dowell!

HB2U!
  7. Rennie Heuer

DO NOT use the USPS for packages!

Over the past 10 years I've shipped out over 800 packages via USPS. In all that time only one was lost and it was in route to Canada. Can't say everything arrived as quickly as promised, but they all arrived.
  8. Rennie Heuer

First dose of covid vaccine today

Jan and I have registered, but both of us being in good health, and basic government mismanagement, will insure we probably won't get vaccinated before April - if then.
  9. Rennie Heuer

Table finish

Yep, stunning is the word.
  10. Rennie Heuer

DW735 new parts

Yep, mine was similar. Amazing how much debris can work its way though that small hole in such a shot time.
  11. Rennie Heuer

Toddler table and chair set in cherry

The table and chairs came out great, not so much the ribcage. Take it easy old friend - there is still a trip to Michigan in your future.
  12. Rennie Heuer

Best ROS?

While sanding today with my last working sander I lifted it off the surface for a moment and the sandpaper disk flew 20' across the shop. Guess the old hook part of the hook and loop partnership has given up. I ordered a new pad for $12 from Amazon, just so I'd have a back up, but also ordered...
  13. Rennie Heuer

Okay, Proud Papa

Fantastic! (y) (y)
  14. Rennie Heuer

Zipcode Saw Returns to the Nest

I always thought if money and space allowed it would be nice to have two table saws in the shop - one set up for ripping with a long outfeed table and the other set up for crosscuts with a sliding crosscut table.
  15. Rennie Heuer

Christmas present arrived

Love mine - Very handy.
  16. Rennie Heuer

Could use a few good vibes for my dad

So very sorry for your loss.
  17. Rennie Heuer

Recovering

Ouch! Hope nothing more serious than a black eye comes of this.
  18. Rennie Heuer

Greene and Greene drawer pulls - in process

Looks like its going in the right direction!
  19. Rennie Heuer

My Wife is in the Hospital your thought and prayers would be appreciated.

So very sorry Don. I understand and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
  20. Rennie Heuer

How Long Should Stain Cure?

I think the cans I use, Minwax, say 48 hours to topcoat. I like to wait 72.