Search results

1. Sam Blasco

Quilted Mahogany Top

I know it has been awhile since you all have heard from me last, but I've been working three jobs, not to mention this too. Needless to say the gallery area of my shop is still in the just get er done stage, but I do have a couple of pieces made for the wall. I don't want to add anything to...
  2. Sam Blasco

A New Year's Evolution.

Deep in the art of Texas, pecan trees and mesquite smokers frolik in the rolling hills, and a sleepy little town of 4000 is about to see its population grow by 3. Smithville. Hello all. It's been awhile since I have had any chance to post anything, mainly because my time has been consumed...
  3. Sam Blasco

Audio-visual adventure.

Been awhile since I posted anything new... 'Course, working part time at this, it has been awhile since I've been able to finish anything. Got lots of stuff started, though, and they all reside in the "Museum of Unfinished Projects." Neat place. If you get a chance, definitely check it out...
  4. Sam Blasco

New Lenox Woodmaster CT 1" blade

Hi guys. I know Charlie P has reported on this blade and I thought I would throw in my observations. I have had this blade for one month now and been performing side by side comparisons with my all time favorite blade, the Lenox TriMaster. This past weekend, I had six students in for a...
  5. Sam Blasco

Big Bandsaw Circles

On my bench this weekend you may have seen a nice sized circle as part of the project. Here is is being cut on the bandsaw. The only major drawback to trying to do this on the bandsaw is how do you start the cut since you are starting with a square blank bigger than the radius? This jig opens...
  6. Sam Blasco

Another shameless plug...

For a bandsaw. This is my slide jig that I use for logs and such. With the base removed it can be used like a planer sled when you don't have a wide enough jointer. It is in keeping with my last thread about bandsaws. You can see in the first picture how I use wedges to true and steady then...
  7. Sam Blasco

If you could have only one power tool.

This is sort of in keeping with an earlier post about if you could only spend $1000 on tools what would you do. I fell in the camp of basic hand tools. But I have been heard saying on many occasions, "If I could have only one power tool it would be a really good bandsaw." I firmly believe...
  8. Sam Blasco

Latest Project for LOML

Eleven years ago I promised my wife a new bed when we switched to a king size mattress. I, unequivocally, told her we would not be buying something someone else had made! But when you have a cabinet shop the cobler's kids have no shoes, right? Bless her, she only asked me once a year on our...
  9. Sam Blasco

First Hollowing on New Lathe

In conjunction with my new lathe report, recently finished up in the new tools section, I thought it might be appropriate to post a few pictures of a project. If you have followed that thread, I believe one of the pictures at the end shows me starting a small vessel and I'm pretty sure this is...
  10. Sam Blasco

New Lathe Report

I'm not sure if this should be posted in "New Tools" or "Turning Tools Questions and Show and Tell". I'll let the moderators decide and if they want to move it I'll find out later. As many of you know I got a new lathe last over a year ago and I didn't want to post anything specific about it...