Search results

1. Ryan Mooney

I've graduated

When I was about 15 or so I used to ride my bike down a dirt road past a neighboring farm that had a bunch of cattle dogs on it (mostly blue heelers who are thick headed, bitey, and can't easily be reasoned with). They'd come out and try to bite my heels when I went by. I played that game...
  2. Ryan Mooney

more fun with the laser

You're squeezing some really nice detail out of that rig.
  3. Ryan Mooney

Sharkbite - Pex - Copper

Yeah there's pex B with the crimp fittings that you basically have to go up a line size for the same flow and there's pex A with the expansion fittings that you can run same size as copper. Reportedly A leaches a bit more (at least to start with) especially if you have...
  4. Ryan Mooney

Pantry Organizers

A very good point, although I'm also mildly suspicious (locally speaking) of how they would end up being used vs the intention of how they should be used (speaking mostly for myself heh).
  5. Ryan Mooney

Pantry Organizers

Hold up, the sides and bottom are just edge glued (with pins to speed up declamping)? Seeing one in use, I might well need to make some of these (although I'll keep it under my hat and not show loml until I'm ready to execute on them... hah).
  6. Ryan Mooney

More taster trays - Last (real) project in the old shop

North slope of Mt Hood, in Parkdale OR (which is all of about 6 buildings long).
  7. Ryan Mooney

Those were pretty long in the tooth by the time you got there as well. I think I might give them a couple sheets of sandpaper and a small can of waterlox to refresh the old ones :D Also in fairness.. almost any taster tray would look pretty good sitting in their beer garden...
  8. Ryan Mooney

Exactly right, they serve eight 2oz glasses (some places do six, rarely you might see more out liters less than that). The holes are sized to just barely over the size of the glass so they fit relatively securely but still lift out easily. I put the taper of the live edge (or on a few of them a...
  9. Ryan Mooney

Last week my friend at Solera Brewery messaged me to say that while the taster trays I made for them 13 years ago!!! were still working great (more a testament to how robust waterlox is than anything on my part..) they desperately needed more of them going into summer. I told him that I could...
  10. Ryan Mooney

Moss Mountains

Lichen it, we're lovin it!
  11. Ryan Mooney

Moss Mountains

That puts the moss level our yard in your taillights and I thought we had a lot over winter hah. That was a significant demossing project! I have one spot of heavy moss that actually confounds me, it's the heaviest moss area all winter and entirely bare over winter except moss but come spring...
  12. Ryan Mooney

On overbuilding

While disassembling my lumber cart the other day I had plenty of time to wax philosophical and ponder the reason I had so much time. The lumber cart was one of the overly beastly monstrosities that never really offered the space saving joy and portable happiness I had envisioned when I built...
  13. Ryan Mooney

polish sausage mk2

You can pretty much just make that into sausage patties that work real well pan fried. In fact if you get a grinder... you can easily grind primals and mix the spices yourself and then make sausage patties... Of course it's only a small jump from there to also get a stuffer (I have a 10lb LEM...
  14. Ryan Mooney

YouTube TV Questions

Having worked in the industry for 30+ years I can definitively say that it was just that they were software engineers. I would wager that they also reinvented every possible feature in a new, unique, and probably less functional form along the way as well.
  15. Ryan Mooney

Fed up!

I was recently informed that 2 stroke engines actually do NOT like to be run dry which was very much news to me. Reading more about it though it makes sense. The recommendation is to run them until they sputter, then add some stabilized fuel and run them for a minute more then shut them down...
  16. Ryan Mooney

Fed up!

Replace the carburetors and 9/10 times they'll take right off.. then you can get most of the money back you spent on the carb kits when you sell them...
  17. Ryan Mooney

A big day at our house...

There are an endless supply of projects if you look for them and for some of us even if you don't! But yes staying busy does seem to be very conducive to keeping on keeping on. Given the intersection (and assuming she doesn't already have it... )...
  18. Ryan Mooney

YouTube TV Questions

Yeah, it's kind of a trade off between several devices where the UI was apparently designed by people who hate their users with the burning passion of a thousand suns. The non-tv devices are at least somewhat less likely to break themselves quite as randomly as the TV's do.
  19. Ryan Mooney

YouTube TV Questions

Buy a Roku, smart tvs are all terrible.
  20. Ryan Mooney

Quick garden update

Well neither the current nor the incoming place is in any way what I'd call "sandy" lol. At least the new place is "silty loam clay" instead of "the clay got to thick for the brick factory clay". The place I grew up on on the Fraser River was "glacial till" but pretty sandy glacial till and...