Search results

1. E

Advice on Unisaw Choice

Recently purchased an older Rockwell Unisaw from an estate. This unit has been well used, but runs very smooth, and has low voltage control and the biggest 3hp single phase motor I've ever come across. Surface cleaned up pretty well, but has some pitting, looks like the Biesmier fence was left...
  2. E

OWWM

Anybody tried to get on OWWM (now called Vintage Machinery) lately? Registered several days ago, and still haven't received confirmation from one of the administrators tha I've been accepted. Won't let me on. Trying to find some info on dust collection mods for an older Rockwell Unisaw. One...
  3. E

pre stain conditioner

One of the finishing books says you can make your own pre stain conditioner by mixing BLO and mineral spirits. I've been doing this for quite some time, have experimented with ratios, and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I use about 4 parts ms to 1 part blo. Works very well on pine, but...
  4. E

Binks BBR

Anyone out there own one of these? I'm trying to learn with mine, and need to know what pressures you're using succesfully. Thanx
  5. E

Wrong place for last post!

I just submitted a new post concerning where to sand, and added it as a reply to my earlier post concerning mud dobbers. Sorry about that.
  6. E

Darn mud dobbers

I have a metal buiilding that I use for finishing, since my shop is too dirty to get good results. I haven't done much wood working for the last 3 or 4 years, but got back into it, and decided I should build me a spray booth in there. My spray guns had been hanging on the wall for all that...
  7. E

W&H Molder

Has anyone published anything on how to use this tool. The operaters manual is quite vague. I just purchased a W7 am trying to get it set up. Have to go purchase a drive belt before I can go further. Also trying to switch over from router table to shaper. Purchased a new Shop Fox shaper...