Search results

1. David Crouse

Hickory tiliting trash container

This shows some images of the hickory trash container I build for my mother for Christmas, it's all she asked for, so who can say no to mom right ? It has been awhile since I've been here, but I haven't really made a whole lot this year, it's been a busy year for "other stuff" lol. Anyway...
  2. David Crouse

Storage box for the wife

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've posted here, but I have been doing some woodworking, thought I'd post some pics of some of the stuff I've done. Ended up starting my own website just for woodworking so I could show family that doesn't live near me what I do for fun...
  3. David Crouse

Large dovetail box finally finished

Think it turn out ok.... several things I'd do different next time though ;) Clamps clamps and more clamps... Glued up sanded and top and bottom attached Finishing the box Add hardware and finished.
  4. David Crouse

Delta 1200 scroll saw

Bought this last year in July. This is the new (to me) Delta 1200 scroll saw. I believe from the serial number that this might be from 1939. It was originally in a school, and then one other person and now me. It is in exceptional condition considering the age. It functions just fine, and has...
  5. David Crouse

Small dovetailed pine box.

So, I have a granddaughter that has this fascination with a duck.... I also had a new dovetail jig I just had to try out... this is box two, the first one is a large box... with no apparent purpose lol. This one however is for her to put her "treasures" in. Parts cut out. Glue up...
  6. David Crouse

So...I built a doghouse...

About 20 some years ago, I built these very large, very heavy doghouses for one of my kids for her dogs. The dogs eventually passed away, and the doghouses were sold. A year ago, that same daughter now married, asked if I would build her a doghouse "like the ones you built before"...
  7. David Crouse

New Bessey Clamps for the shop

So, while I been gone, I have changed some of my tools a bit. One of the latest things I've changed are my clamps. I used to have a mismatch of several brands/types etc... never having enough of the right kind. I finally bit the bullet and decided that was one of the things I HAD to fix...get...
  8. David Crouse

Been gone quite awhile - back again.

It's been several years, but I really liked the community here. Real life seemed to get in the way of my "shop" time. Lets see, I've moved to a new place, changed jobs, remodeled the "new" house, and had 5 new grandchildren born... it's been hectic for a bit. Anyway, I went from a shop that...
  9. David Crouse

Baby Dresser #2

Well... another grandaughter, and another request for a dresser. :) I learned a bit from the first one, and this one went a bit smoother, and I think is a bit nicer than the first one. Still used screws, still solid pine, and still very very heavy lol. But, I will say, it isn't going to fall...
  10. David Crouse

Doll Cradle

I'm not quite to the 5 decade mark in years, but i'm really close :) About 20-30 years ago i used to make alot of these, and I had someone ask me to make one because they had lost theirs. (not sure how, but they had). I wasn't even sure I had my original patterns, but when I found them, it...
  11. David Crouse

Baby Dresser

So, it's been a long time since I posted anything here, but it's been along time since I've had a chance to work on anything in the shop. I built a baby dresser for my soon to arrive grandaughter. I debated on posting it in here, as most of you make me feel silly doing it as your work is so...
  12. David Crouse

My new toy.

Until today, I was making due with a hand-me-down craftsman compressor that was about 35 years old, missing the handle, leaked air, but worked. Well, I went into the local Sears store today, and saw they had 3 compressors that had been "returned" and couldn't be sold as "new". So I bought this...
  13. David Crouse

New here - from Iowa

Well, this looks like the most appropriate place for a first post to the forums :wave: As stated in the title, I'm from Iowa, a transplant from Northern Missouri. I'm about 4-1/2 decades old... and feel it some days lol. All the kids have left the nest, and I have had renewed interest in an...