Search results

1. Eric Black

My Version of the Nosy/Whiny Neighbor

Lol -25c this morning and 0 in the forecast next week. I’ve been putting up with my special neighbours for 5 years that simply can’t mind their own business. My 90 year old immediate neighbour sadly seems to be moving into a home and is the only reason I don’t have the allowable 6’6” fence yet...
  2. Eric Black

My new shop pup

We named her River which worked out well because sometimes things look like “A river runs through it”. Im not sure about the Pyrenees either, 3 pups looked mostly shepherd as did mom then our pup but two mainly white pups. Added a pic of one of her sisters. Only 2 pups have kind of a mane and...
  3. Eric Black

My new shop pup

Momma is shepherd/husky, the dad uncertain but the vet looking at the entire litter thinks Great Pyrenees is in the mix which would help explain their size.
  4. Eric Black

extended our little front deck earlier this year

We are making good use of it, I got a little carried away with mounting things on the pickets but made use of things I couldn't throw away. view from last Saturday, white stuff melted but will be back soon :cry:
  5. Eric Black

more goofing around

The Barney car, starting a new Fred's car soon I hope
  6. Eric Black

My new shop pup

she was so tiny, now 6 months and 54lbs. may need a bigger shop lol
  7. Eric Black

Wheelbarrow

Thank you for posting Charley, I actually bought BLO but because I never used it I got cold feet. I have to finish a couple projects up and put finishes on them at the same time to limit the lost use of my shop. I am feeling better about trying it, when you read stuff I always wonder do they...
  8. Eric Black

New Project Started

incredible detail Paul
  9. Eric Black

Wheelbarrow

thanks everyone, a very good point Ryan will have to think on protecting the feet.
  10. Eric Black

Wheelbarrow

The project was to high light Amy’s granddad’s cedar. He left us before he was able to complete his project. The panels and bottom was made with the cedar he planned down, other than cut to fit I left them as he left them. It took a while to pick a project but gardening was something they...
  11. Eric Black

Caribou Mount

That is going to be an incredible mount Ted beautiful.
  12. Eric Black

Coffee, End Tables (i hope)

finally. next project a vanity
  13. Eric Black

Someone messed up my shop, can’t find enough floor space for all three pieces. :huh: Pretty happy with them can’t wait to get them shinny. Once I get the shop cleaned up I should get better pics.
  14. Eric Black

The legs are all glued up, pretty close to my original mock up. Taking a coffee break then finish up the slabs. Can’t wait to dry fit it all together hopefully tonight. I took the plunge and ordered a hvlp sprayer system, I think to spray a clear finish I will spray the legs prior to final...
  15. Eric Black

I got some more walnut and cut the little arches and feet. Lots of sanding ahead hopefully I will get to the details on the bottom shelves today.
  16. Eric Black

Thanks Ryan, she is part of the reason I just got back to it until now. I built her a green house and a water feature this year so she being quite patient with me……….for now :thumb:
  17. Eric Black

Some days I wish I was an edger operator Vaughn, I took the totes/guards to the saw fillers and was corrected our gang saws take the 17 and 15 inch saws the edgers use 3, 21 inch saws. Sometimes I spend twice as much time looking for that clicker Brett than the time it would take to just go...
  18. Eric Black

I haven’t made much progress on the legs, but I can get a better idea of how it’s going to look. I went with a quarter inch step with the center parts and gave them 1/8 radius. Still need 3/4 walnut feet and the decorative braces will also be walnut. I am thinking of using a dado for the bottom...
  19. Eric Black

Progress has been painfully slow picking at it after work. I used a guide block to cut the shoulders, my little saw would not cut with the grain so I had to use a tenon jig on the table saw. I cleaned up the rest with a chisel. A couple pieces will need extra attention where my hand cuts where...
  20. Eric Black

The plywood is a mock-up of the legs to get an idea of size, shape ect. I got my pieces cut to length, some tenons cut the rest I will try cutting by hand to finish (the angle shoulders) then mark out the mortises but that’s it for today. Hopefully soon it will look like the legs I am thinking of.