Search results

1. fred hargis

Saw blade storage flat vs upright?

David, this isn't such a good photo, but it should give you an idea of how that gaurd is supported. As I said above, there are struts that made it sturdy but put a strain on the extension, mine aren't used and are zip tied to the legs (that's the bolts you see at the top of the leg) so I don't...
  2. fred hargis

The Excalibur (at least the original ones like mine) had a couple of struts and a leg that extends to the floor. The struts ran from roughly the center of the leg to the center of the extension table, what I found was that put a pretty good bow in the table, pulling down the center of it. The...
  3. fred hargis

Here's how my cabinet is set up, the miter gauge hangs on the side (not in this photo) and the dado set sits on top of the saw blade case. The drawer holds the wrenches and gizmos needed. You can see a tenon jig sitting next to the blade case. It has to be able to roll out so I can open the...
  4. fred hargis

This isn't very close to what you want to do, and I actually considered not posting it. Anyway, my blades are in plastic "keepers" and stored on edge. There's a rolling cabinet under the right extension of the saw that keeps most of the saw stuff, and the blade rack sets in that cabinet. there...
  5. fred hargis

What Amp Hour Battery Size?

For hobbyist use I like the 2 ah units. Maybe a pro would be better off with the larger batteries.
  6. fred hargis

Happy Birthday Ted Calver!

Best to you Ted, have a good 'un!
  7. fred hargis

When one's mind is not where it should be mistakes are made...

I like your idea but I would use Bill's mod and out the thin strip on the back edge.
  8. fred hargis

New Shop Visitor

Vaughn, what do you put in a roadrunner feeder? Is there a preferred food?
  9. fred hargis

Need to make a pet urn.

Thanks, Glenn. I like the idea of those brass feet.
  10. fred hargis

Need to make a pet urn.

We lost our beloved little dog last week. Only 5, she apparently developed some kind of neuroogical problem that wouldn't allow her to control her legs. So standing, walking, and most movements were a struggle. Anyway, I had her creamated and now need to make a small urn for the ashes. Not...
  11. fred hargis

Chess Table Build

Wow! Quite the masterpiece, Rennie...well done!
  12. fred hargis

Happy Birthday Jonathan Shively!

Have a good one, Jon!
  13. fred hargis

Happy Birthday Chuck Ellis!

Have a good one, Chuck!
  14. fred hargis

An IRS story

which may be proof of their need for additional help. In December of 2021 we received a letter from the IRS that said we had a "credit" in our account but they hadn't received our 2020 tax return. Now, that return had been filed in Feb. of 2021 (paper return) and included a check for the balance...
  15. fred hargis

Friday, lets get today moving

I'm having 19 trees removed today, so I'll be watching the arborist take them down and chip them up.
  16. fred hargis

Starlink Internet

One of the things I was wondering about the Starlink was how it handled weather. They ran the trunk line for our soon to be fiber optic past our house yesterday and hooked the already installed house feed to it. Since we are at the end of the line (so to speak), I'm hoping it will start up soon.
  17. fred hargis

Ash trees

They might be, but it won't be due to the bugs. Trees get hollow over years of growth, typically you see that on very large old trees. Arborists pound on them with a dead blow hammer and listen for the hollow sound to determine if the tree is hollow.
  18. fred hargis

Happy Birthday Dave Hawksford!

Happy Birthday!
  19. fred hargis

Howdy! Steve, from West Texas

Always good to see new members, welcome aboard! :welcome:
  20. fred hargis

Happy Birthday Don Baer!

Have a good one, Don!