Search results

1. K

It's about time!

Sharon and I are traveling right now about midway through a 3800 mile, 5 week trip. Later today, God willing, we should arrive into Albuquerque where I plan on meeting up with 2 woodworking friends and their spouses. Tomorrow night, Vaughn's biggest deaf fan plans on being in the crowd. He's...
  2. K

My day is going to get busier soon so...........

while I have the time, I want to wish everybody a happy and healthy new year! Happy New Year!
  3. K

From Idaho......

Merry Christmas everybody!
  4. K

Crosscutting jig for repetitive small work, request for comments.

Ellert, Nice sled! Small parts sleds are invaluable as a safety device when cutting small parts! I have a friend who is Catholic and makes rosaries which he hands out for donations that he, in turn, donates the income to worthy church causes. He was unable to find the size crosses he wanted...
  5. K

Well.....Slap my face!

I was admiring some of Bernie's toothpick holders and wanting to turn some for Christmas gifts. So I did a Google search for a tutorial and found Stu's excellent video. It has been a while since I have spent time on my lathe. I just finished painting my house. I still have a little touch up to...
  6. K

The ultimate accurate miter sled for a table saw?

I have been struggling trying to make perfect 45º miters on the corners of some boxes. My oldest son's FIL gave me the walnut a couple years ago and it's been sitting in my shop. I began trying to make some keepsake/jewelry boxes from the wood for my DIL and her mother a month or more ago. The...
  7. K

Tilt Box II?

I am considering buying a digital inclinometer, the Beal Tilt Box II. Does anyone have any experience with the Tilt Box II?
  8. K

Norm Abram's Deluxe Router Station.....

Here's my latest project I finished yesterday. Pardon the photos. The wife and I leave on a trip later this week and she has all 3 of her cameras packed. I shot these using my cell phone. The carcass is scrap 3/4" red oak plywood trimmed out in white oak. Both were left over from previous...
  9. K

Cutting small parts without cutting me..........

Well.....First I ripped stock to 3/8" thick and planed to 5/16" final thickness. I ripped the planed stock to 3/16" thick strips.........I made a thinstock ripping jig based on a Woodsmith plan. Then I built a small parts sled for my table saw, installed some t-track, a stop block and some hold...
  10. K

Your momentary loss of concentration can cost you!

Earlier this week I began constructing a wood storage rack that requires quite a few dados on 8' 2x4s. Early this afternoon, I was cutting those dados with pattern bit....turned off my plunge router.....I didn't wait for the bit to spin down. I flipped it over to adjust the base to adjust it to...
  11. K

PC 7518 motor

I have everything I need to build Norm's revised router table. Today I went to Woodcraft and found the PC 7518 motor on sale for $254.99. http://www.woodcraft.com/category/2081089/router-motors.aspx That is the lowest price I have seen on that router motor.
  12. K

Here's wishing everybody a Happy and Healthy New Year!
  13. K

Celebrating our 44th Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday one of our adult granddaughters arrived with her 6 year old daughter and her 22 month old daughter to spend Christmas with us. Today Sharon and I celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary with them. I met her on a blind date....3 days later on our 4th date I asked her to marry me. She...
  14. K

7 Day Forcast

This explains things....it was probably a good Scotish Ale...
  15. K

Calling Dave Richards.....Paging Dave Richards......

Dave, Here's my 2nd finished product using Sketchup. Fairly simple.I made a small parts sled for my tablesaw. I wanted to put an adjustable stop block on the rear fence. So I designed this to be used by installing t-track and associated knobs.The stop block worked great and I am sold on...
  16. K

Well Dave....we'll try this again.....first is a JPG file.......then the .skp file....
  17. K

Dave,Here's my first Sketchup project. This is a lumber storage rack that will be attached to the plywood walls in one corner of my shop.The software wouldn't allow me to upload a DAE file.....
  18. K

Cutting small parts without cutting me..........

Last June I bumped into our former (retired) family dentist. He said he'd heard I was a woodworker and he was wanting some help with a project. He showed me a rosary he had in his pocket. He asked if I thought I could cut the parts for the wooden cross. He wanted to make rosaries as gifts to...
  19. K

Pens and knife handles from antler?

My youngest son called with a question for which I have no experience or knowledge. When someone makes a pen or knife handle from deer antler4, what is used to seal the antler or bone? What is used to polish it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  20. K

Some recent photos.....

The wife and I took a drive. We ended up visiting my brother in Pinedale, WY. Leaving Pinedale, we drove to Jackson, WY crossed the Teton Pass into Idaho. Then north on the I-15 to I-90. We spent the night in Missoula, MT. That evening at Corrino's restaurtant, I discovered a new local brewery...