Search results

1. Frank Fusco

cut once

2. Frank Fusco

amazing computer stuff

As is known here, I am behind the curve with things computer. Actually, I consider I am not doing too badly considering that in my lifetime so far I have seen new cars that came with crank starts, horse drawn wagons that delivered household goods to my mother, our 'refrigerator' was actually an...
  3. Frank Fusco

weird computer issue

This seems to be the place to come with strange computer issues I can't get solved elsewhere. OK, I just acquired two cameras. One a new Canon, the other a used Nikon from my son. The Nikon uses a xqd card the Canon a standard SD. I didn't have a slot for the xqd so bought an external media...
  4. Frank Fusco

musical project for a (very) non-musical guy

My father built this dulcimer for my wife about 50 years ago. She never picked it up or tried to use it. He was a very skilled craftsman and woodworker if not much of a father. (but that's a story for another time and place) I once was told the frets were incorrect but I never fretted over it...
  5. Frank Fusco

Grenadill wood.

On my muzzle loading forum a German craftsman restored and old tool using Grenadill wood. I have written asking him to describe more about this wood. But, wondering, does anyone here know what it is. I've never heard of it before today.
  6. Frank Fusco

tennoning jig

Selling my Grizzly tennoning jig. https://www.grizzly.com/products/grizzly-tenoning-jig/t30491 Never used. Price $50.00 plus shipping. Probably UPS. Plus packing and shipping. Weighs over 22 lbs.
  7. Frank Fusco

first sale in a long time

I get dialysis treatments three times a week. Tuesday, my nurse noticed me with one of my personal pens. She asked if I would sell a pen to her. Today I brought the only two spec. pens I hadn't sold yet. It was a bullet pen. She bought it immediately. This was a very uplifting turn of events. I...
  8. Frank Fusco

hardest wood?

I have seen this question come up occasionally here and elsewhere. My take on this issue is that it doesn't matter. There are a score of woods from South America that are so hard they make lignum viate look soft. LV is very hard, it is also expensive to obtain and hard to turn. Those other SA...
  9. Frank Fusco

screen moved

There are several knowledgable computer types here. I need help. Several days ago my browser (Opera) opened with a space on the left side. Meaning about 1" of the browser screen is off the monitor to the right. I have searched settings until I'm exhausted but cannot find a fix. BTW, it will not...
  10. Frank Fusco

getting back to it

My shop misses me. Health issues have kept me out for a couple years now. But, yesterday I attended the annual woodturners show put on by the club I used to belong to. Gave me the bug to get back making sawdust. Unfortunately, I had surgery on my left arm a few weeks ago and the healing is not...
  11. Frank Fusco

i'm back

Haven't been here in a while. Was extremely ill and had an extended hospital stay. Good news is I'm still on the green side of the grass. Not doing any woodworking lately but hope to get the cobwebs off of my tools soon. Frank
  12. Frank Fusco

what is electric shocking of wood?

This item is advertised locally for sale. It is represented as an "electric shocked" chest. Interesting but I have never heard of this technique. Anybody here ever do it...
  13. Frank Fusco

price/value puzzlement

We have started watching the Antiques Roadshow after a hiatus of several years. On the most recent one was a bench made by Nakishima (sp?). His work is mostly natural edge slabs highly polished. I have never been particularly impressed with his pieces as they seem relatively easy to make and are...
  14. Frank Fusco

my lathe

Might be making a big decision soon. I'm considering selling my lathe. Due to health reasons I have not used it in months. I'm thinking about selling as a package. Meaning, the lathe, all my turning tools including Don Pencil hollowing set, and my chucks, large and mini. Dunno yet, it's a tough...
  15. Frank Fusco

not obvious computer problem solved

For about three years I have been plagued with a screen problem. The monitor image sometimes jumps rapidly up and down. This has made computer usage almost impossible. One puter 'expert' said it was a monitor problem. I changed monitor, actually twice. Still jumped. Another 'expert' said my...
  16. Frank Fusco

batteries

A lot of us use cordless tools in our shops. I have several sets of these but never was able to get good use from them. The batteries went belly-up very quickly. My DeWalt drill would give me no more than two screws worth of use before dying. My B&D tools haven't been used in years for the same...
  17. Frank Fusco

I'm still above the grass

I've been gone a while. Life, and near death, sorta got in the way of things for a while. My wife took seriously ill and was hospitalized for over two months. Six weeks of that she was in a comatose condition and there was concern she would not survive. Finally, home I had to care for her and...
  18. Frank Fusco

African blackwood

I have seen references and use of African blackwood lately. Is this just another name for Ebony? If not, any opinions working it?
  19. Frank Fusco

regrets

My father was a professional wood worker. When he died I got all his tools. Among them was a very large belt sander. It had a 4" belt and roughly resembled a steam locomotive. I remember, as a kid having to use that thing and hated it. I was a skinny lightweight and that monster was almost more...
  20. Frank Fusco

corona virus comment

I just heard from my son. He is a doctor [not a brag....well...maybe it is ;-) ]. Anyhow, he said going to church would be an "idiot move" from a health standpoint. He is probably right. In fact, thinking about it, a couple people who usually sit near me do not seem like the most hygienic types...