Search results

1. M

WTB: Kreg Router Table Feet

I upgraded my Kreg router table to have casters and used 2 of the feet that came with it for something else. They are perfect for a couple other applications I have so I'd like some more. If you've added casters to yours, I'm interested in buying your feet! I'd probably be interested in 2 sets...
  2. M

Freud Edge Bander

I bought this a while back, mostly because it was a good deal. I don't anticipate using it on any large projects and its taking up space in my shop so it has to go. As far as I can tell, everything is here, the heat gun heats up and the knife on the cutter looks decent, though I'm sure...
  3. M

WTB: Porter Cable or Harbor Freight HVLP Gun

I'm looking for either a Porter Cable PSH-1 or an older Harbor Freight 43430 as a second gun. If the latter, I'm looking for one that has the hanging hook on the top separate from the body casting, which isn't what's currently available in stores. Either must be in good condition, no missing...
  4. M

New Logo

The new logo looks great, but... I would shrink it down a little. Takes up a lot of real estate at the top of the screen--and I run at pretty high resolution. Maybe its no more than the old logo but for whatever reason its more noticeable, I think because of all the whitespace next to it.
  5. M

FS: Steel City 17" Drill Press - $350 - SE Michigan

I'm buying an OWWM drill press and don't need two so I'm selling my Steel City. Its about 1 year old and looks and works like new (well, after brushing off the dust it would look like new.) Includes the accessory laser and I'll include a nice shop-built table in the deal. I have all the original...
  6. M

Parks Planer

I ended up dragging another old machine home today. I found this on Craigslist about two weeks ago. Due to work, a weekend of camping, an extended power failure, and several days out of town for work this past week, I didn't get a chance to go look until this weekend. I was surprised to learn...
  7. M

Powermatic Model 50 Jointer

I went to a garage sale today and came across this jointer. The seller had it marked $350, but upon talking offered to sell it for $275. I said I couldn't go over $175 and he said $200 was as low as he'd go. After talking to him for for a little while I agreed to the $200 price and brought it...
  8. M

6" Jointer

I have a 6" Powr-Kraft Jointer that I believe to be mid-50's vintage. It is in excellent shape on an original stand. I added a dust chute as can be seen in the photos and since the photos I've added a a power switch located in a more appropriate location and a shop-made upper belt guard. The...
  9. M

Old Vs. New Drill Press Dilema

Last year my old cheapy import drill press started to make a lot of racket and I started looking for a replacement--I really wanted an old one, but couldn't find a suitable one within a reasonable driving distance. So I ended up buying a Steel City which is a really nice machine. Fast...
  10. M

Please help me identify and kill this plant

This is some kind of bushy plant that seems pretty common around here. The grow fast--this one is maybe a year old and is about 3-4' high. Left alone they'll grow 10'+ high in a few years. First, I'd like to identify what they are. Second, I want to try to find a way to control them. Brush...
  11. M

Disston 12" Backsaw

I decided to sell this 13TPI 12" Disston Backsaw. It is in very good shape and was recently shapened by Cooke's Sharpening. Since resharpening I've only tried it out. I'm not sure how to date these, but it has the older, very rounded handle and is marked "Cast Steel" and "Warranted" in addition...
  12. M

Stanley No. 5

This is a Stanley No. 5 which is in good condition. There is some staining and very tiny pitting on bottom, but nothing that would affect its use. The picture of the bottom makes it look way worse than it actually is--it feels smooth when you run your fingers over it, even with no wax. $45...
  13. M

Holes in my walls and floors

We are heavy into a bathroom remodel and on Wednesday gutted the room to the subfloor and drywall walls. I had to cut a 2'x2' hole in the wall behind where the vanity will be to do some drain work and cut a 6"x10" hole hole in the subfloor next to where the toilet used to be to get access to...
  14. M

Looking for ideas for a large medicine cabinet

I'm in the middle of a master bath remodel and have just finished up the cabinets (vanity and huge linen cabinet.) Now it is time to turn my attention to some sort of mirror/medicine cabinet. The cabinetry is all red oak with "shaker style" doors/drawer fronts, but I'm looking for any/all...
  15. M

Project: Outfeed Table

Finally got around to starting on a new outfeed table for my saw today. Previously I had a set of cabinets. I moved the cabinets to be the base of my miter saw because I wanted something smaller for the outfeed table. Then I realized that my old Stablemate miter saw stand never sold and had a...
  16. M

Grinder Stand

I just finished up this grinder stand tonight. Its not woodworking, but if you have a welder, a friend with a welder, or can find a local welding shop, this is inexpensive in the parts department. The base is a 14" steel wheel. The column is an old column out of my parent's basement (they had to...
  17. M

Shop Safety Addition

Since I was injured about a year ago in the shop, my wife and I have talked about how we could put in a camera so she could easily check on me. I finally broke down and bought a Linksys wireless webcam that looks like it will fit the bill. I've got it set up so she can pull up a browser and...
  18. M

Finally did a little woodworking

It wasn't much, but I finally did a little woodworking. These shelves are to display stuff, mostly my toy tractor collection in our home office. There were some existing pine shelves in one location and I decided to replace those and add more around the top of the room. In all I added about 18'...
  19. M

Anyone used Minwax Polycrylic WB Poly?

I used some of this on a project I did for work this past summer because it would be quick and easy to spray on some large plywood panels and numerous small blocks. Based on something I read somewhere I added about 6 drops of Transtint Honey Amber dye. It turned out really good and the color...