Search results

1. Ninh Shepherd

Special Glue up question fellas

So I have managed to score a hole 4'x8' sheet of 1/8in thick UHMW and in doing so I would like to use this for My out feed/workbench... ( noted, that I am aware that you don't want a work bench to be "slick" but in my case I don't mind because I have a plane stop and hopefully I will get some...
  2. Ninh Shepherd

Dovetail/Box Joint question

I've done as much searching as I can and have yet to find a visual answer. I would like to know of it is possible to make a three sided joint a box joint or dovetail.!? Like (side)+(side)+(top) and have that type of joint on all three sides where it meets at the corner. This may be a dumb...
  3. Ninh Shepherd

Wood workers lottery/jackpot!!!

So I hit the mother load a best friends dad of mine gave me all of these books his dad used to be really big into the hobby and due to money he fell more into remodeling and fell out of the hobby of woodworking so he saw that passion in me and offered if I'd like to pick threw and take any of...
  4. Ninh Shepherd

Hey Guys!! I'm back!!!!

Well sorry I haven't posted lately I feel it is because of this forum that I have got into this passion so much and at such a young age ! Here recently I have been super busy with life and changing jobs bills along with now working a different shift. So I haven't had time to post or even jump on...
  5. Ninh Shepherd

Looking to buy a lathe! Suggestions?

Recent the misses and I went to a wood show. ( our first) which she was dreading and I couldn't wait well turns out she left there with more things then I did I guess it's an advantage being an attractive 25 year young lady as she is. She got all kinds of free stufffrom all the old farts!!! (No...
  6. Ninh Shepherd

Old cast 12in TS never heard of help!!

Ok guys I've never heard of this name before and I've done EVERY type of research I can! And have yet to find anything in this name brand !!!? Any body ever heard if it ? My friends wanting to sell it to me his dad got it from an estate sale a while back and never uses and he said he would sell...
  7. Ninh Shepherd

Woods how this weekend ATL ga

Anyone in the forum close enough going to the show this weekend !? It's Friday Saturday Sunday 10-6 here's a list of things going on I'll be going tomorrow ~Ninja~
  8. Ninh Shepherd

Question about bill of material !!!

First off sorry haven't posted in a while been back up with all kinda of crazy stuff And if I manage to end up helping my friend build this project then I will be backed up again Q; what does a bill of materials consist of (besides the obvious materials) serious inquiry. Q; And how do you...
  9. Ninh Shepherd

Need table saw blade advice!!!

Ok well I have a home made table saw and I'm using a craftsman 10in 13or maybe 15 amp motor and the blade I have now is way to hard to push threw the wood now it is a little dull but I think it's because I bought the incorrect type for what I need because it's hard to cut threw even regular...
  10. Ninh Shepherd

T-track suggestions!?

Hi guys I was looking at some T-tracks on rockler today and seen the price. Not terrible but still over priced for what I can make them for. I can make any of these on this page http://www.rockler.com/search/go?w=t-track But my questions is which one!!!? I'm looking for one for my home made...
  11. Ninh Shepherd

Wood shop heater!!?

I just bit the bullet a bought Portable Military Camping Hunting Ice Fishing Cook Wood Stove Tent Heater w/ Bag by TMS http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BTNAYIA/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_VoM6sb1NWGA98 I had to do it after looking up and down locally per owned and new I came to find out that wood...
  12. Ninh Shepherd

Need advice on a thickness planer

Hi guys I do a lot of reclaimed wood work about 80% but it because I can't really afford to buy new wood all the time and half of my battle with time is just working around the bowed aspect of reclaimed wood it's fu ad interesting sometime but get sold fast I have a router table I use as a...
  13. Ninh Shepherd

Home made I-socket?

Hi I'm new to forums so be nice. And I'm not even sure that this will even get posted to the right page so if not please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong area and redirect me to the correct area. Ok so what I have a question on is the "I-socket" the vacuum actuated tool that turns on...