Search results

1. Mark E Smith

Annoying Unsolicited Callers is FUN

LOL...I get so tired of these endless calls on my phone, today I took some action. Usually I just hang up or let the message machine answer, but today I thought lets talk to one of these idiots. Of course it was some blocked caller id number and some guy telling me he was doing a survey and if...
  2. Mark E Smith

Planter box help

Working up ideas for a couple planter boxes to hang under some outside windows, probably in the one foot tall one foot deep by 5 foot long range with a 15 degree angled front. probably will use 3/4 cedar, open to suggestion on this as well, but my question is how to hang them, don't really like...
  3. Mark E Smith

MLCS has really gone downhill

Recently bought a MLCS #8357 Multi-sided glue joint router set, bird mouth bits. Don't know about the bits haven't use one yet, but was very disappointed in the box they sent it in, not up to their standards of the past. Bought from them in the past and their bits and display boxes were always...
  4. Mark E Smith

bird's-mouth joint

Just got me an MLSC bird's-mouth router bit set, going to make some octagon planters, and maybe a few bird houses, never made these and a little confused. Every picture I see the routed edge is along the grain meaning when put together the grain will be running up/down, wouldn't this put...
  5. Mark E Smith

Exhaust fan

getting ready to put an exhaust fan into my bathroom and doing the research for a 8x10 (slightly smaller rounding up) the formula was length x width to get sq feet, and you need one cfm per sq ft based on 8 foot ceiling....so gonna need around 80cfm or higher, exhaust fan according to what I...
  6. Mark E Smith

Why is it like that....

Noticed today in the shop that every single tape measure I own, some almost as old as I am, all have the belt clip on the left side of the tape. Didn't realize until today how stupid that is, because now you always put it on your right hip so the tape is facing forward, ready to go when you...
  7. Mark E Smith

What's that smell

OK little background info, we have cats and they go outside every day into a fenced in back yard through a doggy door. This normally works out well because I have sand pits the little furballs use them instead of the several litter boxes in the house. Well it's been raining a lot lately and...
  8. Mark E Smith

Need a General Contractor

OK at that stage in my life, I have to start hiring out projects. I simple can not do the work myself, at age 60 with COPD emphysema I get out breath just getting dressed in morning...lol...so after a life of always doing the work myself, when I need a new roof do it myself, need a new side...
  9. Mark E Smith

Need a new mower

Well looks like my old Murray 38" rider is about to get retired, starting to have one thing after another going wrong, getting tired of fixing it. Been a good old gal over 20 yrs old, it's one of the old Murrays, came out from them when they were made in Canada, before the company went belly up...
  10. Mark E Smith

Friendly Sky's

With all the recent nonsense in the news with the Airlines, all I can saw is WOW...how things have changed..got to thinking I'm a little happy and sad at what is going on..happy I got to fly back when it really was the Friendly Sky's and sad that my grandchildren and their children, will most...
  11. Mark E Smith

Head scratcher

Had my garage door go out me last week, long story short got a new motor under warranty and got her put back up today...the strangest thing, notice just before I went to bed, looking through the window the door openers light was glowing (not on, just not completely out, not dark) ...turned it...
  12. Mark E Smith

Garage door opener

Got to give a shout out to Chamberlin, they really stand behind their product. Couple days ago my garage door opener bit the dust, a whisper drive with belt drive. The shaft coming off the motor just snapped off, got it back in 2006 been working flawlessly since I put it in, with zero...
  13. Mark E Smith

WEN 4210 Drill Press

Well decided on the WEN 4210 drill press, got it a few days ago and have in installed working already...lol...for $134 bucks plus free shipping this a very nice DP, frankly I am amazed at the quality for that price. Run out is .002 pretty shocking actually, you would expect that in a high cost...
  14. Mark E Smith

LOL..that didn't take long

LOL...couple weeks ago made a stop block fence and needed some T-track so got the 17 piece t-track kit from Rocklers, great deal for only $19.99...was looking at some stuff today on the Rockler site...look what I spotted...lol...seems it was a very good deal, Rocklers ran out of them, won't be...
  15. Mark E Smith

Shop Fox W1667 bench drill press

Anybody got one of these Shop Fox W1667 or know some one with it. Thinking about getting a new bench top drill press, was looking at the Wen, but noticed this one with the added sander function. Reviews are all over the place, ShopFox in general seems to be about like Harbor...
  16. Mark E Smith

Stop block fence

So wanting to make a stop block fence for my CSMS for awhile now, just couldn't figure out how to make one that was portable. I have a work table on both sides of my CSMS but didn't want to lose it, and any stop block fence would usually be fixed to allow a precision measurement, so work table...
  17. Mark E Smith

When will I learn..lol

OK going to tell on myself in an effort to teach why you always measure and layout all your pieces prior to cutting and assembly. In the shop and making some drawers for some existing cabinets. So I needed four drawer fronts, decided on some nice cedar, figured 1x8x8 piece should do the job...
  18. Mark E Smith

Aunt Jemima waffles

Anybody that has a Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker, just found out that the aunt jemima waffles will fit perfectly into the sandwich maker. Makes a wonderful sandwich. Used to use ego's but was always a PIA because I had to trim them to fit. Bought a bag just to check if they would...
  19. Mark E Smith

And the WAR begins

Had a guy show up today and said he could resurface my asphalt driveway for 600-700 dollars, seemed like a good deal so I said OK, this was a serious mistake. when he was done the driveway didn't look that much better and the final total was $1050, I was extremely mad to say the least, we got...
  20. Mark E Smith

Big Thank you to Leo

Got my workshop heater up and running, big thanks to Leo, never would have got this without his thread on "Electric Workshop Heater". Up until now always just used my wood stove, which took several hours to get the shop hot, not to mention lots of wood, and no control over the temp, using a...