Search results

1. Tony Falotico

Old Powermatic Tablesaw

Finally got a look at the Unisaw yesterday and am disappointed... all the moving parts are frozen solid, rusted , parts missing. Consensus was to let it rest in peace. Thanks for the comments and info on it... sorry for the false alarm.
  2. Tony Falotico

Old Powermatic Tablesaw

My son has been dealing with it and I have not seen it yet. Will be at his house in a few days.... don't know what fence is with it, if any. I have a 2 HP single phase motor that's never been used sitting in my shop for about ten yrs still in the box, guess where it's going.
  3. Tony Falotico

Old Powermatic Tablesaw

I remember my father had the Delta Unisaw in his shop back in the 60's. From what I remember it was a beast.
  4. Tony Falotico

Old Powermatic Tablesaw

Sorry guys, got my info wrong. It's an old Delta Unisaw, We are still going for it. I should have some pictures soon, will post when I get them. From what I hear it's in pretty decent shape (?)
  5. Tony Falotico

Old Powermatic Tablesaw

Thanks for the answers, it will most likely end up at my son's place since my old craftsman does everything I need it to, but we will definitely pursue it. He's just getting into wood working, finishing a pole barn barn (put the last four trusses on the lean to today) that will be partially...
  6. Tony Falotico

Old Powermatic Tablesaw

I have a lead on an old powermatic tablesaw, 5 HP 3 Phase. It's been sitting in the elements for about 6 months but it's said to be in fairly good shape. Question is, if the motor is replaced with, say a 220V 2 - 5 HP single phase motor will it be powerful enough to work properly? The...
  7. Tony Falotico

hello from Florida

Welcome Keith from a fellow Floridian... where are you located?
  8. Tony Falotico

Found a new 3D model site - AWESOME

Thanks for sharing Leo, always looking for new stuff.
  9. Tony Falotico

Finished Yesterday

Way more patience then I,,, Beautiful work!
  10. Tony Falotico

Yacht Rock Game

Very Nice Wayne
  11. Tony Falotico

A “little” board

Going to look awesome on that old treadle sewing machine base
  12. Tony Falotico

Cutting Boards

Some of my first tries when I got the machine, Grumpy is carved with the indents painted black, Mickey and Minnie are laser burns. The last sign was made for my wife's co-worker, it's black walnut inlayed in maple. These are the successful ones, each one took multiple failures before success...
  13. Tony Falotico

Clock Shelf

Great job!
  14. Tony Falotico

Cutting Boards

Yes. Had an issue with Rocco's, the bit slipped and gouged the bottom groove, had to glue in a plug and recut it. Left an ugly glue mark that I couldn't sand out. There's a steep learning curve on CNC, especially with the software.
  15. Tony Falotico

Cutting Boards

Made these for my two oldest children. Basic maple end grain board with resin inlay cut on my CNC machine. Hope you enjoy...
  16. Tony Falotico

Christmas Story Lamp

Very Cool, can't wait to see it finished.
  17. Tony Falotico

Hello All

Well the Lux cut arrived within a few days and I finally had a chance to install it today. Went fairly well with a couple glitches, had to replace the snap rings on the rollers, stripped out the head on the hold down screw, and accidentally stretched one of the tensioning springs. Other than...
  18. Tony Falotico

Hello All

I thought I was ordering direct from Byrd Tools but in actuality it was MyWoodcutters (MWC), a subsidiary of Byrd in Canada. They advised me that it could be up to 20 weeks delivery on the Shelix, but offered me a Lux Cut III for $40 additional. Thinking Bait and Switch scam I immediately...
  19. Tony Falotico

Hello All

Thanks for the warm welcome back, I pulled the trigger on the cutterhead this morning.
  20. Tony Falotico

Hello All

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it's good to be back in the shop. Thank You Rennie for the info, I'll go with the original size.