Search results

1. Roy Millsaps

POW Eagle Relief Carving

POW Eagle is Finished an at it new home, this is one of the practice ones I gave to the local VA Clinics.
  2. Roy Millsaps

Wolf Portrait Arrowhead Pattern

Ok here it is, burned in
  3. Roy Millsaps

Ok, now I'm debating if I will do any wood burning, haven't decided yet what does everyone think
  4. Roy Millsaps

Here is a quick up date, so how does it look so far Lora
  5. Roy Millsaps

So Lora how am I doing so far, see any changes I need to do
  6. Roy Millsaps

Here is day 2 , Thanks Lora :)
  7. Roy Millsaps

Well there going to be a happy little girl soon, she's in the hospital an not doing to good so I ask Lora if she can do a pattern of a Wolf in Arrowhead sn she did this an this is for Amber she loves Wolfs So here's where I'm at on Day 1 Does anyone need any chips
  8. Roy Millsaps

Mule Deer Relief Carving Seminar

Well here is where I'm at right now lighten up the burning some on the Feathers , I think I was to heavy handed with them
  9. Roy Millsaps

Well I stared doing the highlights' , got this far today any pointers Lora ?
  10. Roy Millsaps

Well I think its time to add some hair an add some effects to this carving so I got my equipment out an doubled checked everything an went an got some of my reference material for a quick read before I start, also set up a piece of scrap to test my setting on Here is some of my equipment I...
  11. Roy Millsaps

So here is where I'm at right now, need to clean it up some an make some more cuts on the Arrow head an I think it will be ready
  12. Roy Millsaps

Time to sharpen

Yap spring not to far away so hopefully next week have a couple day of nice weather to sharpen up these beauties
  13. Roy Millsaps

Well its getting there now , hopefully be done with this one an another one this weekend
  14. Roy Millsaps

Well the weather going to bottom out for a couple days so I'm staying inside an work on a few carvings until it warms back up again so here where I'm at right now on this one
  15. Roy Millsaps

Will I'm started, then found out how sharp my tools are got myself an didn't feel it an kelped on carving now a little extra color on my wood now
  16. Roy Millsaps

Ok all Set, but heads up I'm leaving for Australia an New Zealand at the end of the month for a few weeks I hope to take this with me to work on when I can
  17. Roy Millsaps

Ok I'm all ready
  18. Roy Millsaps

Bailey No.4

I got this Bailey No. 4 from a friend, so after flatting the sole an sharping the blade I had to try it on some Figured Cherry an had no tear out so moved over to Birdseye Maple an beautiful cuts also with no tear out
  19. Roy Millsaps

Second one for Edward Foster Oak King

Oak king is 6 layers of leafs in this carving will be stating it Monday, going to use color pencils to mark out each layer of the leafs an this carving will have no corners once completed this carving is out of 8/4 Bass
  20. Roy Millsaps

Started the Main Piece for Edward Foster

Well the practice piece was ok but its time to get the main carving started, using 8/4 bass for it Its a purity nice size piece an going to work on another at the same time for Edward, I will post it in another thread. As of now finishing 2 later this weekend an starting 3 :eek: new ones...