Search results

1. Brent Dowell

I've graduated

From "the guy the neighbors dogs bark at" to "The guy with cookies in his pocket". Yesterday, drove my quad up to chat with the neighbors and their dogs started eyeing me weird and barking, till they learned my pocket was stuffed with dog cookies.... Today, went back up for a minute, and...
  2. Brent Dowell

Stabilizing a hill side?

In front of our house we have a little embankment about 100' long by about 15' wide at a 25 degree angle. Recently, something called dirtlocker came up on my facebook feed and it seems like it might be a good/easy way to terrace and landscape the hillside. Dirt Locker The cost for this...
  3. Brent Dowell

Anybody upgrading to Vectric V12?

Seems like they've 'modernized' the interface and made some improvements. 175$ for me to upgrade from 11.5 to 12. I guess I'm going to do it, just to keep up.
  4. Brent Dowell

Upgrade for an old truck

So, I bought my F350 7.3l Diesel Dually 6 speed manual transmission way back in the year 2000. At the time it was (and still is) my dream vehicle, lol. It came with a pretty standard radio system for the day. A cassette deck AND a cd player, lol. Well, Can't remember the last time I played a...
  5. Brent Dowell

How many Cans of WD-40?

So I've got a few questions for you fellers. 1) How many cans of WD-40 Do you need to stock on hand? 2) How often do you use WD-40? 3) How many cans of WD-40 Do you think I have? I'll go first. I think a person, should have 1 can on hand. Any more that that is pure insanity. I honestly...
  6. Brent Dowell

Did a version of Mikes Stewed Beef

After Reading Mikes notes on his 'Stewed Beef', I decided to do it and put my own little spin on it. 2# chuck roast 1 Onion A few cloves of Garlic Trager all purpose Seasoning 12 Ounces Mushrooms Salt an dPepper for seasoning. I started by cutting the roast up into some decent sized chunks...
  7. Brent Dowell

MCB's (Not PCB's)

A while back I had bought a little desktop 3018 cnc machine with the thoughts I could use it to make circuit boards. Not really PCB's, but MCB's (Milled Circuit Boards). Been playing with it for a while and it's been a bit of a learning curve to get through, but I've finally got it down I...
  8. Brent Dowell

Another Street Sign

So, Last time I posted my street sign on FB, One of my acquaintances in the neighborhood said he wanted one. Well, I've seen him post about fishing on his boat on pyramid lake, so I offered to trade him a sign for a seat on his boat. Well, Going fishing on Friday, and I'm working on a sign for...
  9. Brent Dowell

Additions to a board

I made this 'cutting' board a while ago but really never used it much. It's a little narrow, but lately I've been getting into baking more, making pizzas on fridays and doing an occasional pie or some buns or whatever. Thought I would decorate it up with some useful laser markings. Well...
  10. Brent Dowell

Pellet Stove working again!

3 years ago, our pellet stove started giving off a 'smell' when it was running. My assumption was that since the pellet stove was a really old manual model that something was defective and that it needed to be replaced. We stopped using it as it seemed a little dangerous and I went and bought...
  11. Brent Dowell

What are these things?

I found these little round clamp like things in my box of sharpening supplies, close to my worksharp 'parts'. They don't appear to belong to the worksharp in any way shape or form. Any idea what they are for or what kind of tool they belong to? Mechanical pencil for scale.
  12. Brent Dowell

Another functional 3d printer print

I've got a little 1" HF belt sander for some reason. I had originally got it for sharpening I think, but it does a better job of rounding off the blade than sharpening. At any rate, the little lever that is used to tighten up the table on it broke while it was haphazardly stored in a drawer...
  13. Brent Dowell

Worksharp 3000 Sharpener

Kind of embarassed to say this, but I bought a worksharp probably 10 or more years ago and never used it. Took it out of the box and stuck it in a drawer. Estimating the time frame based on when the last bunch of posts on the worksharp showed up here on FWW, lol. I have a collection of about...
  14. Brent Dowell

Mango Garlic sort of jamaciaan Hot Pepper Sauce

So Ryan sent me some peppers that he had grown. Some fresh, some dried. Today I made some mango Garlic onion hot pepper sauce out of the fresh peppers. The fresh version of the peppers I used for this sauce was nice and warm, but not tongue numbing. It's got a great flavor and I can't wait...
  15. Brent Dowell

Desk Drawer Organizer

In the spirit of 'No project is too small for a big expensive power tool', I'm working on cleaning up my desk. Got tired of every time I adjusted my keyboard I'd push stuff on to the floor. And the littler drawer I made for my standup desk was full to overflowing. So I'm trying to organize...
  16. Brent Dowell

What? Yet another street sign?

After I posted a picture of my number sign on FB, One of my buddies in the valley commented that he wanted to buy one. I'm still not sure how to go about pricing or selling things, so I told him I'd barter him a day of fishing on his boat when he might have an open seat and spare pole for one...
  17. Brent Dowell

Sources for 3d Models?

Obviously, there is the Vectric "Design & Make" site, but was wondering if anyone had any other sites/sources they use for 3d models? Free/cheap sources would be great, but Just kind of looking for more variety. I've seen the "100's of gigabyte" collections that have been hawked on facebook...
  18. Brent Dowell

Flat Pack Guitar Stool

Not my design, but a project from Vectric. https://www.vectric.com/about-us/FlatPackGuitarStool When I saw it, I knew I was going to make it, lol. I changed a few things up. I wasn't wild about the 'arrow' detail on the legs, so just changed those out for a simpler rounded off design. Also...
  19. Brent Dowell

VCarve Pro Box Maker Gadget

I've been working on organizing my music room so that this winter I can have folks over for jamming and hopefully doing some recording. I've got 2 soundcraft mixers, a 24 channel and a 16 channel. Well, I don't need both of them out and about at the same time, but I didn't have any kind of...
  20. Brent Dowell

Another Street Sign

Well, Can't let the neighbors have the nicest street sign in the neighborhood. Got a start on mine today!