Search results

1. H

DeWalt 6.5" 12 Amp Track Saw with 102" and 59" Rails - $525 NW Indy

I have a gently used DeWalt track saw with both the 59" and 102" rails so that you can both cross cut and rip a sheet of plywood with this saw more accurately than what most panel saws allow. This kit retails for over $999 new, and is currently selling on ebay for that price. This is not a...
  2. H

Attaching Workbench Top

I am cheating a bit here, as I had always wanted a nice laminated maple top workbench, but did not want to go to the expense and hassle of putting one together. Well, when I went to a local school auction, I picked up a 50" x 76" maple workbench top with 4 clamps attached, and now I'm just...
  3. H

FS: Delta Contractor Saw and 30" T2 Steel Fence

For Sale Delta 36-675 Industrial Contractor Saw 1.5 HP 115/230v motor, currently set for 115 v 33" Delta T2 Fence (sold as 30", but actually has 33" capability) blade wrenches stock miter gauge saw/fence manual on CD-ROM See...
  4. H

New Shelves from Reclaimed Maple Tree

My wife asked me to make a couple of shelves for her to display the candles she makes, so I thought this would be a good project to use for my first use of the PC 2210 dovetail jig, so I joined the sides to the top and bottom using the half-blind dovetails, and I inserted the shelves using...
  5. H

WTT or buy T2 Fence Rails

In the off chance that someone has some rails for a Delta T2 Fence that are just too long for their liking, I'm looking to widen my T2 fence a bit. If you have a set of 50" rails for a Delta T2 fence that you want to swap for a set of 30" rails, please let me know. There is nothing wrong with...
  6. H

Dig Out a Basement?

I don't expect too many people will respond to this, but has anyone here ever dug out a basement under an existing home? My grandfather did this with his house, and a friend of mine dug out his own basement. I must have insanity running through my veins, as I'm considering doing this for my...
  7. H

Kitchen Overhaul

Okay, I have been at this kitchen overhaul since May, working mostly on free weekends. Most major construction/destruction has occurred over 3 day weekends, and it has been almost entirely my work as a lone gun. My father took a day and helped demo when I got to the point where ALL of the old...
  8. H

Popping the Grain: BLO a Myth??!??

I think it is pretty much "common knowledge" that BLO pops the grain, particularly on figured boards. However, I was putting together a test panel of curly maple veneer to try out various dye stain colors and finishing schedules for a jewelry chest I will be making soon. I tried various...