Search results

1. Jim Daughtridge

Building a deck chair with treated lumber...

Hello from NC, A friend ask if I would build him a couple of deck chairs using treated lumber. I have never thickness planed, jointed or table sawed treated wood and wanted to know is there any corrosion issues with equipment bearings. I learned that hard way not to leave treated lumber sitting...
  2. Jim Daughtridge

Segmented and plywood and walnut bowl

Not my original idea, but I like the results. A Walnut tree on my property that lost its fight with Hurricane Hugo in 1989 donated some of the wood.
  3. Jim Daughtridge

Segmented bowl from firewood

Spalting is probably my most favorite wood because you never know what beautiful surprise will show up. Unfortunately I am out of large chunks of spalted wood so I went through my firewood pile and tried doing it in pieces. It was a time consuming project but enjoyable.
  4. Jim Daughtridge

Elu router

Good morning, I have an old Elu router that in a careless move knocked off my bench. When meeting my concrete floor it destroyed the right handle (Right as you face the speed control on the router). I have tried the web for spare parts with no success and thought I would ask if anyone might...