Search results

1. Dale Wallace

What wood is this ?

Nice! I have never used hickory so let's see how much of a challenge would be to find a piece with these shades. Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  2. Dale Wallace

What wood is this ?

So a friend of mine asked me to make her this serving tray. But honestly I have never seen this species before. Any idea what it may be ? Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  3. Dale Wallace

Who wants to help me fix my breadboard ends ?

Thank you all so much for your help! I wouldn't have made it without all your comments. The problem was that the mortises were not straight, I went too deep and not centered. After using a new piece of wood and making the mortises again the breadboard ends turned out perfect! Will post a...
  4. Dale Wallace

Who wants to help me fix my breadboard ends ?

So as you can see in the 2nd picture I have a problem (and I'm not talking about my mess in the background that needs to be cleaned lol But the major problem is that I don't know why one of my Breadboard Ends is not level with the top. But that's only when it's all the way in (which is how you...
  5. Dale Wallace

Finish for Dining Tabletop

Hello to everyone! I hope you like this tabletop I made for a family friend. I want to find a good durable finish for it since it will be used as a dining table. My friend specified she wants a Satin finish. Initially I was going to use Arm-R-Seal but since it has a drying time of 30 days I...
  6. Dale Wallace

Dust Collector on 1K range

I decided to go with the Laguna CFlux 1. I'll post an update as soon as I receive it, assemble it and use it. I visited a store yesterday and saw it up close...it was love at a first sight [emoji23] Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
  7. Dale Wallace

So I've been seriously considering spending more money and getting a 2 Stage collector. What caught my attention was the Laguna CFlux 1. I also saw the Oneida Mini Gorilla and the Jet JCD 1.5. The Oneida gives 583 cfm at 2 static pressure, the Jet much less, I think 350 cfm and the Laguna seems...
  8. Dale Wallace

Unfortunately I don't have 240v. But I'm trying to get a hold of my electrician to get a quote for it. This is a nice DC, I haven't seen it before, I'll do some research on it today Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
  9. Dale Wallace

Wow thank you for all this information!! This Grizzly looks nice! But my space is very limited for it. I could have it outside and run pipes inside my shop but I don't know if it would be a risk exposing it to the freezing cold winter of Chicago lol I can build a small shed for it though. Any...
  10. Dale Wallace

I am definitely going to add a dust deputy after a couple of months Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
  11. Dale Wallace

Yeah that hose was an interesting idea from Laguna for sure, it's a love and hate relationship. Do you have any suggestions for dust collectors with a 1 micron filter ? The Mobile Laguna and Rockler Dust Right came to my mind. It would be nice If I can get away that cheap. Sent from my HD1907...
  12. Dale Wallace

You have a nice setup! Nice job with the mods on the hf. I found some use of my old shirts and used them to seal all the spots that leak air on the filter, hose and motor. The funny thing is all the sleeves that drop down from the filter make it look like a huge Squid sucking the frame :,-) I...
  13. Dale Wallace

Thank you Jay, much appreciated! I thought these 2 dust collectors had this similar flex tube but I may be wrong. I'll research it Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
  14. Dale Wallace

I've decided to finally upgrade my horrible hf unit to something a little more professional. I currently have a Wynn Filter on it and have been using it for a year. I am aware how many people love this thing and so many use it. But that's not how it is on my case. I had to replace this dc 2...
  15. Dale Wallace

Fail or is there hope ? Pastry board with lip went warped

It will smash! Everyone is gonna be asking for those, ha! Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
  16. Dale Wallace

You are right! That is a good point, mine are about 5 inches wide What seems weird to me though is that how can whole tabletops made using the same method don't warp but this board did warp. Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
  17. Dale Wallace

Thank you so much!! You are so encouraging and positive! I already love your professor. You are right, mistakes in labor give you applicable wisdom and that's something that never ends, especially working with wood. I just couldn't believe that it happened to a project looking as simple as this...
  18. Dale Wallace

I don't know how long but I always buy lumber from the same supplier, all of them are kiln dried and I never had an issue. The only thing I can think of is that I had them in my car for 2 weeks and it's freezing and snowing outside, I started processing them a day later after leaving them in the...
  19. Dale Wallace

So I got this order from an old lady a couple of weeks ago. She wanted 2 pastry boards with one lip, something simple and inexpensive to roll pasta and cookies on them. But I am such a douchebag that I failed badly. I've made whole furniture pieces and more than 60 cutting boards but failed...
  20. Dale Wallace

Kitchen Island Table in Progress

Thank you all so much for your positive feedback! I'm going to go with the maple ones and I'll upload pictures of the finished product as soon as I have it ready. Your help is appreciated a lot! Thank you!! Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk