Search results

1. D

Radial arm saw question

Here are the pictures of what I'm working with. It belonged to my wife's grandfather who used it extensively in his trade as a carpenter. One of our nearby towns, most houses built after WW2 were built by him. The 2 things that let it down now are the aged table and the stand it lives on...
  2. D

Radial arm saw question

Thanks. I finish my block of night shift tomorrow so will find time to get a few pictures and a model number for the post. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  3. D

Radial arm saw question

I don't know any of the terminology either. Just what sort of cut I want to make. Lol Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  4. D

Radial arm saw question

I mainly want to make simple cuts. I would actually like a sliding compound saw as it would be more suitable and portable, but I don't have the cash to splash for that so inherited it what I have. 90° and 45° cuts are really what I'm going to be doing. Maybe trimming plywood to size at times...
  5. D

Radial arm saw question

Hi new to the forum. Located in Australia. I have inherited a DeWalt radial arm saw. The table and fence are chipboard and are not remotely square or level and have seen way better days. I'd like to make a new table for it but given that this is my only woodworking tool I'm not sure how to go...