Search results

1. G

Leaky Gutter Repair

Thanks all. Good points. I'll definitely protect the fascia in the interim with the metal flashing. If anyone wants to start a gutter business in Hilo, Hawaii; lots of opportunity. It's difficult to find people who can fix and install gutters.
  2. G

Leaky Gutter Repair

Thanks all. It might be partially over-run, but it leaks even shortly after the rain stops. Good point about "holding" water; I think when they installed, they may have not angled the gutters properly so that water is possibly ponding in the corner. That might be a more time consuming fix...
  3. G

Leaky Gutter Repair

Aloha all. I'm unsure if anyone might assist with a gutter question? We've had issues with leaky gutter corners since the gutters were installed. Fixes have been attempted by the installer and builder but still leaking! I don't know what they used to repair/seal. That said, any tips on...
  4. G

Cutting Existing House Trim

Thanks all! Made the cuts with the Ryobi multitool. Not the smoothest but hopefully it will look okay when painted. Trim (French cut) will be a different color than the siding.
  5. G

Thank you all. I'll be picking up the Ryobi multi-tool tomorrow and will be making the cuts. I appreciate the input on Harbor Freight as well.
  6. G

Thank you everyone! What do you folks like about Harbor Freight? I've never ordered anything from this company in the past. Good products at good cost? Good service?
  7. G

Thank you Darren. I've never used a chisel but that sounds like a good idea. We don't have a Harbor Freight but Home Depot carries a Ryobi Multi-Tool that I might purchase. I appreciate the input and would never have thought about using a chisel or multi-tool!
  8. G

Hello from Hawaii, Newbie carpenter here! I stumbled across this website and I hope I might obtain some carpentry advice. We're painting our home and I'd like to make two small angled cuts to existing trim. Please see attached. Is there a tool/technique that I might use that would...