Search results

1. Dave Gravel

Made some boards from a 3x4

So I grabbed a 3x4 from work. We use them and 2x4s for pallets to ship the stainless steel coils we slit. I managed to find one that looked fairly straight with the grain running relatively straight and sawn with the grain running more or less quarter sawn. Squared up using the table saw I...
  2. Dave Gravel

Think it's still good?

Working on getting the garage cleaned out. Note that my parents bought the house in 73 and I'm inheriting it when my mom passes. With that I'm mind there's obviously going to be a lot of old stuff that was forgotten or I have no use for our any sentimental attachment to. Even though I have two...
  3. Dave Gravel

Free wood

Searching Facebook marketplace and Craigslist brings up quite a few listings for free wood. Can anyone tell me why most people cut it up and post it as firewood before listing it? Sure it's good for that and making short live edge shelves and other smaller projects but it seems anything that...
  4. Dave Gravel

Diesel heater for garage shop?

Has anyone installed a diesel heater in their shop? I just learned these exist. Sold more as camper and rv heaters but I'm seeing YouTube videos of people using them to heat their shops. Some using a car battery on a trickle charge and some getting an ac adapter. Big selling point for them...
  5. Dave Gravel

Motor upgrade for Craftsman 113 table saw

Wanting to upgrade the motor on my Table saw. Found one that looks promising but wondering about clearance when tilted. Seen a few with later motors that look like it comes above the table when tilted. Does anyone here have any experience with this motor...
  6. Dave Gravel

Craftsman Table saw 113.298720

Got an old Craftsman Table saw through Craigslist, guy had a moving sale. See the 113 models allot, from horrible to good saw when taken care of. Well, it's a better saw than anything I could've afforded new, think under $300. Gonna start getting it cleaned up and put back together this weekend...
  7. Dave Gravel

New guy in Clinton TWP Mi

New to this forum. Had one year of woodshop, was 9th grade in the late 80s. Other than the odd project here and there haven't done much woodwork. Mostly worked in factories, currently work at a little place that slits and sometimes cold Mills stainless steel, I'm the one milling, I run the...