Search results

1. K

Tricky Little Shelf

nice job.
  2. K

2021 treasure chest

that is great. and it looks like a fun and different type of project.
  3. K

Tricky Little Shelf

that fit looks perfect. was all the original work perfectly square and plum or did you have make a lot of odd angles
  4. K

what i have so far.

it has taken quite a while but I finally got the third piece done for the vanity wall and installed it because the granite template guy was supposed to show up today. But apparently he forgot about our late in the evening appointment. The scrap drywall is obviously representing the counter and...
  5. K

I really painted myself into a corner this time.

and here is how they turned out. the center panel on the left isn't actually darker than the one on the right. it all depends on where your looking from.
  6. K

Thats is what I do. But one of my problems is the over spray onto the flat surface. Taping off the flat part worked out great in the end. On the frame The OGEE is a perfect match to the panel and all the little edges got covered equally. If I hadn't done it the way I did I don't think I...
  7. K

very true. I ended up re doing one of my of my panels FIVE times. Just the flat surface (which you would think is the easiest and probably is) not the ogee part. There was some small noticeable goof up on it each time. The first one I did came out perfect right away. The second one had a...
  8. K

I have had a few problems spraying my toner so far. I had to sand and re finish a few of the drawer fronts for various reasons. had to do one over 4 times. the 4th time was because I was so frustrated on the third time I didn't sand very well. I had to spray the large face Fram with lacquer...
  9. K

router not raising high enough in lift plate for proper bit instal solution.

When you raise your router to the top where is your collet in relation to the top of the table? I have a 12mv also that was attached to the used lift I bought But the one I'm using is a 12mv-2 (or something like that). its a little different than the 12mv.
  10. K

router not raising high enough in lift plate for proper bit instal solution.

I am not sure if anyone else has this problem. I had it with my old router plate also , to a slightly lesser degree with the Jesse plate I switched to. the router would not come up far enough. The router collet would be low so the bit shank could not go down as far as I would like to have the...
  11. K

mlcs raised panel bit set poor fit

the Bosch did better but I think in what ever country they re made, in their native language precision means "ok". Or am I just being to fussy? I remember making joints on this same table that were pretty tight but I don't have this bits any more. I got the Bosch because I have time to make...
  12. K

figures. I spent 2 hours playing around with those things and thought I was the problem. I went and picked up a set of bosh precision pro rail and stile bits from lowes.
  13. K

hanks for the reply. here is my current situation. I have re shimmed them 4 times now. this is the best result thus far. originally they were so out of wack that no 2 surfaces touched at least now the the tung(?) or what I call the tenon is tight but I can't get the profile tight.
  14. K

just got a mlcs complete cabinet bit ser. I'm pretty disappointed so far. the fit of the rail and stile are very poor. it comes with ships / washers to tighten the fit but the ogee profiles on the 2 pieces do not seem to match perfectly. But i don't have anything else tight now. does...
  15. K

sanding drawer boxes to compensate for un even closing?

thanks to all of you suggesting I keep at it till I figure it out. I thought for certain the problem was the case. It is a little out of square but when I put the other drawers in and they all closed flush I decided you were all right and I must have been wrong. I'm getting frustrated with the...
  16. K

Thanks for that Glenn. I just found out something that surprised me. There are 4 drawers in this narrow case. I had only done the lowest drawer and that is the one I was talking about. Today I put the slides and boxes in the other 3 and all those are fine. So if my problem was my case...
  17. K

Thanks for the reply. Darren. they are not inset. that face frame is not coming off. Fred. yes. I think when you open the drawer. you will see the thickness difference on that side of the box but thats not an issue with me. Seeing the gap on the drawer front is though. Charles and...
  18. K

I just made a drawer box for one of my cabinets. the drawer box is very square but the face frame must be off some because the left side of the drawer sticks out almost a 1/8" more than the right side. Moving the back of the left slide didn't help much if any. can I sand the front of the...
  19. K

My Dust collector sucks

the picture makes it look a lot bigger. its 13 x 16 x 10". Decent amount of plastic for the money. bar sink size maybe
  20. K

My Dust collector sucks

you have to remember you need air flow though. if its only being pulled through the plate there will not enough flow through the whole cabinet to move the sawdust. I just put that dust hood I mentioned under my router. I have a HF dust collector on a shelf behind my shop with a 4" y intake...