Search results

1. Al killian

T.V. Tray hardware(swivels)

I am getting ready to make a few tv trays and cannot remember where i used get the swivels from. Anyone have a good place to get them and what the proper name is?
  2. Al killian

Direct bury gas line?

I am going to add a gas line to the shop to keep it warm when doing finishing and glue ups. Main heat will be wood. Can anyone recommend what type of line to use for underground use?
  3. Al killian

Reclaimed furniture

If you are intrested starting in the am I can start posting on the progress as I build furniture for a cleint out of pallets. This is going to be a on going thing that hopefully keeps me busy for a long time.
  4. Al killian

Leigh DT jig?

Finally got enough time at home to work on getting the roof on the shop. What I am in need of is a new dt jig. My old one is going on 4 yrs old and not very accurate anymore. Any thoughts on the Leigh 18 model. Anyone have experince with this one or others of the same quality? Have a few small...
  5. Al killian

Pitted metal filler?

I pulled one of my pieces out of storage today and the cast table has some really bad pitted real bad. I got it all cleaned up put the pits are bugging me. Is there something I can fill the pits with before I wax the table real good.
  6. Al killian

Frankenstein lathe?

I was thinking that I have a few old lathe that. I was thinking of putting a few together and make one good one out of them. Anyone ever do this?
  7. Al killian

Roughs sawn cleanup

I have a large stock of reclaimed southern yellow pine boards that I removed from my house while remodeling. These boards are 7/8"T x 10 1/2"W x 12' long Some shorter and some longer. All the boards have these little tacks in them that used to hold some type of fabric over them. I am looking for...
  8. Al killian

200 Amp service on 2 AWG WIRE?

Well, finally got the permanent service turned on at the house and when they came out to run a new wire to the house they did two things that had me worried. First, they tapped into a line that feed a house next door. Then they only use 2 Awg alum wire. This seems to be way to small to run one...
  9. Al killian

Felder Ts?

Just wondering if any of the pros out there have any of there tools. I am looking at getting a sliding ts and checked out several different brand and am really liking this brand. Even if I do go with it would happen till at least march.
  10. Al killian

Building Inspector????

Well some of you know that I bought a fixer upper from my soon to be wife's grand parents. I did follow all regulation and pulled the needed permits before starting work on it. Now that I am getting close on some inspections I am having trouble getting hold of the inspector. Now when I call his...
  11. Al killian

Portable ts

I am looking for a portable ts. Prefer one that has a base built in. I just picked up a job as a sub for some case work in NM and really need to to get one. Was looking at the Bosch any other ones to look at? What are you using?
  12. Al killian

Knee Pads

After last week working installing 70 vanities in a dorm building my knees where really sore. I do have a decent pair on knee pads, but after being on my knees for 10 hours a day I need better ones. Can anyone know a company that sell real good ones? Took all day saturday of resting to get my...
  13. Al killian

Computer help

I was wondering if anyone knows how to email a document to someones phone? I tried putting the phone number into the email address but it is not working.
  14. Al killian

GFRP

Any contractors ever work with this? Going in the am to look at a job as a sub to help install this. Guy says its easy to work and install. If I get this job I will be living in a hotel during the week for the next 3 month.:(
  15. Al killian

Wire size?

I am ready to have the power hooked up to the meter and need to get some wire to run the 2' from the meter to the 200 amp main panel in the house. Thinking maybe gauge wire. What would you recommend. I have not had time to ask a sparky as I have been working on two bathrooms and at night trying...
  16. Al killian

Pricing older equipment

Just wondering for those of you with older equipment. How do you figure replacement cost on the tools. With the modern tool market you can anything from cheap imports to high end tools. I am working on getting insurance on my tools since I have moved to west Texas I am working on the replacement...
  17. Al killian

Bathroom remodel

I have a bathroom I am working on and it is a mess. The floor was completely rotted and most of the old galvanized pips where close to bursting. So far I have replaced the floor, plumbing and drywall. This week I should be finishing up making a new vanity and installing the shower stall. The...
  18. Al killian

Deigned glass panels

I am looking for a source for desinger glass/plexi for interior doors. Clint is looking for the type the has cris crossing lines in it. The doors will be bi-folding. Any hint on whre to order it?
  19. Al killian

Photo file converter

OK, im fairly new to high tech camereas and all they do. Anyway, i was at my aunt and uncles about a minth ago and he was playing with my camera and teaching me the basics. He shoots in raw format as he has the software to edit them and covert them as needed. Well he is out of toqwn alot with...
  20. Al killian

Heavy wood rack needed

Well today we found the limit of the one lumber rack. We had what we thought would be a great design, well maybe it was just not meant for waht we put on it. Anyway, we bulit it using 2x4s stading parrell and then vertical ones in between and everything bolted together. Well i gues 4'tall x...