Search results

1. B

Willow

Today at work I trimmed up some willow trees that had been damaged by storms over the past year. I saved this one piece of willow. It's a small section of limb about 4" in diameter. It's solid but doesn't really feel like it's a very hard wood. Its a light colored wood and appears to be straight...
  2. B

End table

It's pine with dark walnut stain. It was reclaimed from some crates from a local factory. It's mostly knot free too. I made my work bench and shelves in the shop from it. The plywood was left over from a bookcase I made earlier in the year.
  3. B

End table

Been working on this little end table. Its all scrap pieces that have been taking up space in the shop. Put the first coat of finish on it today. Hope to have it finished this week.
  4. B

Ash trees

Thanks for the info. Hoping they are solid and the damage is just in the Cambian layer. The bark separated from the trees. I am not transporting any of the wood. Not risking it. It will be burned in their wood burning stove on site about 30 yards from where the trees are to be cut. Hoping I can...
  5. B

Ash trees

My fiances parents have several dead ash trees on their property. The trees have been killed by ash boring beetles. Anyone have experience with this? I need to cut a few down for them. I will probably cut them up for firewood for them. What will I find when I cut them? Will they be hollow on the...
  6. B

Book case

So true! I built this little shelf the other day. Hung it on the wall last night so the antique pirate ship has a home.
  7. B

Book case

Thank you all!
  8. B

Book case

Finally got this finished. It was cold on most of the days I could work in the shop so it took a while to get it done. It holds all of our books.
  9. B

Cookie spatula

She loved it! I ordered some Olsen blades blades today to try out. Should be here next week.
  10. B

Liturgical Furniture

Beautiful work! I would be honored to get to preach from that pulpit and serve communion from that alter.
  11. B

Cookie spatula

That blade is 4 years old and cut a lot of walnut. It came with the Craftsman bandsaw when i bought it
  12. B

Cookie spatula

I'm thinking about making salad forks next.
  13. B

Cookie spatula

Made this cookie spatula earlier this morning. First time I have made one of these. It will be a birthday present for my girlfriend. Found out my band saw is not cutting straight and burning so i have to get that fixed. Probably needs a new blade.
  14. B

Coasters

Thank you. I will try another finish over the shellac.
  15. B

Coasters

I made a few coasters before work today. They look better than the picture shows. I finished them with spray shellac. I don't really care for that. Maybe I need to work with it a little more.
  16. B

Table saw guide rails

I tried it yesterday. Made a few minor adjustments and it works great.
  17. B

Table saw guide rails

It's done. I slid the rails down and lined them up on the left side, marked it on the left side and spent 10 minutes with a hacksaw. I can still rip up to 26.5" on the right. It is so much easier to get around in the shop now.
  18. B

Table saw guide rails

I got my table saw set up today. It works well but it's a little big for my space. Is it ok to cut the guide rails down a few inches? This is my saw. It is 70" wide. If I cut the rails down flush with the router table on the right and the cast iron on the left it would make it fit my space a...
  19. B

New Shop Journey

That is a great choice for a shop. Hardly shows any saw dust or glue drips! 🤣
  20. B

New Shop Journey

That is awesome!