Search results

1. A

Deck posts outside of framing timber screw VS Dtt2 tension tie

Where both are code compliant, do you deck builders have a preference? Screws always seem a bit faster, you'd think the tension tie is stronger, but with blocking and screws, I don't think so. thoughts?
  2. A

Greatest Comeback Albums

What is a record that was released by an artist or band that was perceived to be washed up or irrelevant and then subsequently blew everyone away?
  3. A

So, I was walking along the road the other day....

and I found a foreign object used as clothing for your cars' rims... a piece of Attire.
  4. A

how do I fix the boards underneath the bed?

So my tenancy is coming to an end and there a few broken boards under the bed (those long wooden pieces holding the mattress up) that got broken during our stay What's the easiest, most stress free way of fixing them in the next week or two I don't have equipment at hand either
  5. A

Wood drying question???

I recently had some cherry and hickory sawn in into 9/4 slabs. I sent what I needed for my up coming project to the kiln but have a some left over. I know they need to dry for a couple years but will it hurt to sit outside (sticker stacked) or do they need to be in a garage/barn? Thanks in advance.