Search results

1. John Daugherty

no snow

This is the first time in my 30 years of teaching school that we haven't gotten out at least one day for snow. We have had a ton of rain this winter but zero snow.
  2. John Daugherty

Nuke school

Good eyes Don. He is an EM and is a sub vol. And thanks.
  3. John Daugherty

Nuke school

Luke made it through the Navy's nuclear power school. I'm one proud papa.
  4. John Daugherty

Bowl blanks

I'm about to mill a walnut log I've had for a few years into bowl blanks and I'm going to try and sale a few. I think the biggest I'll be able to get is maybe 10 x 10. They will mostly be 6x6 and 8x8 by 3 to 4 in thick. My question is if you were purchasing bowl blanks would you rather have...
  5. John Daugherty

I'm a bone head!

They are small so I was worried about the pull if I only used one and a piece of metal. If they would've been bigger I'd have used a nail or screw. I did the second time what I should have done the first. I stuck the mags together then shut the lid and pushed the other one into the hole...
  6. John Daugherty

I'm a bone head!

Well, the acetone did soften the CA glue but not enough to get the magnet out. I tried a punch with the hopes of cracking it and maybe digging it out but I didn't have any luck. Then I tried drilling it with the plan of screwing a screw in and pulling it out. No luck, apparently neodymium...
  7. John Daugherty

I'm a bone head!

I'm making a box. I decided to use two small rare earth magnets (around 3/16) as a "latch" between the top and the base. Being the knuckle head that I am I CA'd one of them in backwards. How would you get one of them out so you can flip it around? I was going to try acetone first. The hole is...
  8. John Daugherty

A school graduation

Thanks Don, I'll definitely pass on the words of encouragement.
  9. John Daugherty

A school graduation

Well Luke made it through the first part of becoming a Navy Nuke. He graduated from A school yesterday. Here's EMN3 Daugherty. I'm proud as heck of him.
  10. John Daugherty

New Shop Journey

I like the pull out shelf idea. I have a metal cabinet like that and no telling what's in the back!
  11. John Daugherty

In the Navy

That's great news. Luke said to wait and come down till he can have his car. It'll be sometime in July before we can go down.
  12. John Daugherty

In the Navy

That's great! I'm hoping we will be able to go see Luke sometime after 7/4.
  13. John Daugherty

In the Navy

He's in the nuke program. His actual rate is electrician mate nuclear.
  14. John Daugherty

In the Navy

Luke joined the Navy! He made it through basic and is now in A school. He's overcome a lot of obstacles to get to this point. Words can't describe how proud I am of him.
  15. John Daugherty

A major competition!

I need your help! I've made it to the semifinals over at horton brasses in their yearly competition. If you don't mind and are on the instagram and the facebook would you mind easing over and casting a vote. This one looks like it's going to be a tight one. They spelled my last name wrong...
  16. John Daugherty

Wood prices in Spain

I haven't payed for any domestics with cash in awhile. I have however payed with what my back can stand to roll, mill and stack! My boy told me the other day didn't I think it was time to sale some of this wood! I told him I had failed as a father!
  17. John Daugherty

How would you?

Thanks Jim. I've got the panel glued up already. I can't have any overhang on the case. It fits between two doors. I'm going to trim it a little oversized and then flush it with the router. The openings are about 4" tall. Any suggestions on how you would get screws inside? I was thinking...
  18. John Daugherty

something really strange happened today....

USPS has tanked in my opinion! I ordered a Thompson lathe tool last week and it was supposed to be here last Friday. I got the dreaded "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." It's still a no show!
  19. John Daugherty

How would you?

How would you attach this oak top to the top of this card catalog? The case is 33" wide by 19" deep. The case is made from plywood with oak veneer on the sides.
  20. John Daugherty

Hempwood pot call

It is a composite. You can see more info at hempwood.com