Search results

1. J

craftsman lathe 351.217150 new drive belt is slipping

I loosened the pivot bolt, pried up the motor, it it would not hold. Ended up having to put two large washers between the motor bolt and the housing. Works like a new one. thanks for all the help.
  2. J

the directions I found did not have the part about the motor pivot. thanks, I will try this tomorrow!
  3. J

That’s where the screw goes that adjust the variable drive
  4. J

photo old old and new belts, measurement of belt, 207mm by 20mm wide, and photo of pulleys. new belt is a Craftsman belt with same part number, but yet it is way too loose. When installed, I can push in all the way to touch pulleys. any helpful suggestions to fix it?
  5. J

yes, i had to disassemble quite a bit to install belt. it is small like you said. it is toothed. I will post pic when I remove it. I've ordered a new belt.
  6. J

model number in title of this thread
  7. J

Craftsman Model 351.217150 the variable speed pulley seems to be working, the speed changes.
  8. J

I recently bought a used craftsman lathe, and was assured it work very well, just needed a drive belt. I bought one from a belt store, and it seemed to go on quite easy. Too easy. There seems to be a lot of play, like it needs a tensioner or something. There is a zipping sound when I start...