Search results

1. D

very cool "old" tooling center

Found this online today and thought I would share with you all. Would be a cool system to restore and have as a center piece in a shop...not that I'm usually a fan of all in ones. http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/2771299140.html By the way, since I'm not woodworking currently, keep up...
  2. D

Taking advantage

I'm dismayed at the number of members of not only this forum, but other woodworking related forums that I frequent, mostly as a lurker, but I'm there regardless. It is at this time, the Home Depot fiasco involving a sharpening system, but it is just an example. How quick we are to jump on a...
  3. D

Stu---I-Carver???

Stu...since you brought up your testing of the I-carver in the SS thread...how about an update. How is the intense "testing" going? Any idea from your inside sources as to when it is going to be avail to the great USA? With Shopbot playing around with the new Tyro, I'm thinking it is finally...
  4. D

Final clearance

OK, finally moving in a week to Michigan! These things have to go. Sawblades: Being sold as a group No name Rip 10X28 Leuco Proline 10X80 Forest Thin Kerf 10X40 Leuco Proline 10X40 No Name 10X36 Matsushita 10X3/32X40 These blades have all been sharpened and they are ready to go to work for...
  5. D

Wow, major life change....

Having just read Steve Ash's great news regarding his upcoming newest grandchild expected (and the need for another beautiful crib) makes me want to share and ask for opinions, experiences. After 32 years of marriage, I found myself in a surprise divorce 3 years ago. We raised two wonderful...
  6. D

Interesting community program

I was scanning C/L and came across this web site and thought I'd share and ask the question, does your community have such a program? I think this is a great program and would love to hear that similar programs are available around the country. http://www.northportlandtoollibrary.org/ Doug
  7. D

Hinges

I have about 350 small brass plated hinges available. They measure 1" long by 1 1/16". I used these for the custom boxes I used to make up to 10X12 with good success. If I can find my screws I will include them, otherwise you will have to get your own...I can help with a pretty good source if...
  8. D

Router Bits SOLD

All Sold, gone. Thank you.I am going to throw this out here, not expecting a buyer here (I'll be posting on the shopbot forum also).... I have a collection of router bits (cnc, pattern cutting oriented). Some are brand new, some are used but can be sharpened, some are used and already...
  9. D

SOLD

I have a total of 840 gold colored shelf support pins 5mmX3/8" available for the first $54.80 that hits my pay pal account. This includes priority mail within the U.S. Doug
  10. D

Cleaning, cleaning, thinning out.....

Found a box, in a box, in a corner of a closet....after chasing away the cobwebs, the dust...what do you suppose I found, in the Woodcraft bag I brought it home from the store in! Oh, maybe some 10 years ago! A Wolfcraft Dowel Pro Kit...still has the price tag of $42.75 on it. Found this...
  11. D

Wood working books Gone to the library.

Moving into RV full time, no room for all these books...gotta go. Flat rate post office shipping determined by how many you would like. $5.00 The Complete Home Carpenter George Daniels $5.00 Shelves, Closets & Cabinets Peter Jones $5.00 Bandsaw Basics Mark & Gene Duginske $5.00...
  12. D

BH&G Wood Magazine(s)

Issue 17-20 1987 Issue 22-23 1988 Issue 27-32 1989 Issue 34-39 1990 Issue 40-48 1991 Issue 49-57 1992 Issue 58-66 1993 Issue 67-75 1994 Issue 76-84 1995 Issue 85-93 1996 Issue 94-102 1997 Issue 103-111 1998 Issue 112-120 1999 All is great...
  13. D

Nice old tools

Found this on C/L, Portland, OR area. Looks like a nice opportunity for a small, precision type shop to me. http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/tls/723769816.html Apparently, he will deliver to the Seattle area for $100 if needed.
  14. D

FS Amana Adjustable Chamfer Shaper Cutter

I'm doing some cleaning up and came across this shaper cutter. It is a Amana 61304...Adjustable chamfer aluminum body cutter. -45 to +45 degree chamfer. In like new condition, we had two of them and they got very little use but we always had backups if needed. I also found 5 packages of the...
  15. D

Help me find a solution

I live, full time, in a 26' trailer. Needless to say, space is at a premium. I have a 24" Dell high end lcd monitor on my main computer that I would like to make double use of, ie, replace my analog television that will soon enough be obsolete. I pull local channels off a digital roof top...
  16. D

calling all backyard mechanics

OK, here is my thing. I own a 1995 F150, 2 wheel drive, with a 5.0 litre motor, automatic with OD that has only 55,000 miles on it. The truck is in very good shape except, I suspect the transmission is going out. It is going to the shop Monday for that and a complete tuneup and service. I like...
  17. D

OEM transfer system

I know, I know. Not woodworking related but there is so many of us that do more than just make sawdust.... I'm moving and don't have room where I'm going to continue my playing around with heat transfer so I have the following for sale. I want to sell all as a package and it would have to be...
  18. D

Hello from Oregon

Hello. I'm pleased to have found this forum, It appears to have a good starting foundation. I'm currently an ex-woodworker as I've sold my business and all of my equipment due mostly to some pretty big changes in my life. I'm currently retired, but, I've been retired 3 other times and it just...