Search results

1. Jim Niemi

Linda Keeble’s Ox tail Stew and Couscous

Would like to thank Rob Keeble for sharing Linda’s recipe for her Oxtail stew. This has became a family favorite in our house. We use her recipe and use all organic ingredients and grass fed organic beef. But I also add morel mushrooms to this. With Robs permission I will share this recipe.
  2. Jim Niemi

Anyone Recognize this emblem.

Trying to figure out what this company name is
  3. Jim Niemi

Sword Stand

Okay, I need to build a Sword stand. This is for a Japanese Katana. The design will have the sword and scabbard displayed separate, with the curve side up (blade up) for good luck. Looking for plans are not working in my favor. I would like to make it craftsman style with Curly soft maple...
  4. Jim Niemi

Saw mill

So I will more than likely be buying this in the near future. Any one had any experience with this unit? Woodland Mills HM130. This will take a 30” log with a 22” max cut. I would love a wood mixer but don’t really need one. And comments or concerns?
  5. Jim Niemi

Sketch up

Where do I go to download Sketch up for Apple?
  6. Jim Niemi

Looking for a Sawyer

I have 18 logs here I need to have milled into useable lumber. I have found out that our normal sawyer has retired from sawing timbers.:( So I am looking for a sawyer with a woodmizer portable sawmill to mill these up for me. I am in SW Michigan. Any ideas?:huh: The logs are as follows. 2...
  7. Jim Niemi

Saw Blades

Safety tip....don't drop 450mm (18") saw blade in rubber mat....blade will bounce back....always have super glue on hand..... Yea this one is going to leave a mark.
  8. Jim Niemi

Walnut

Well I have spent a total of $180.00. Did I do good?there is about 8-9 logs like this and a total of 14 logs. I have 1 22"x12' hidden on the left side also. They are cut at 8'6" to 12'. Will post pics after the woodmizer gets here. :)
  9. Jim Niemi

Pressure pots?

Ok. Got a few questions for you smart turning guys/ gals. I acquired 2 pressure tanks today that I would like to turn into pressure pots for resin. What would I need to do this. Vacuum pump or air pressure? Jigs? will these work? Both have 300psi max pressure capability.
  10. Jim Niemi

Happy Birthday Ted Calver

Happy birthday Ted hope it is a good one:):thumb:
  11. Jim Niemi

Knife making Question

I am looking for a place or site to find pre-made knife steel so that I can put a wood piece on the knife. I would like to do this for my Best man and Groomsmen for august. Thanks for the help JIM:thumb:
  12. Jim Niemi

Al Killian

Here is the Pic of the Knives we make. All I have are pics of the knives in the head. we use M2 Steel
  13. Jim Niemi

Curly Jarrah Cutting board

Here is a Curly Jarrah Cutting Board that I made for a friend of ours. hope you like it:):thumb:
  14. Jim Niemi

Qtrd Curly Cherry Bed (It's started)

Well I have started a new project. I make so many wood projects during the course of the day I think that I should make something for my LOML and myself. What I am making is a Quartered Sawn Curly Cherry Bed with Raised Curly Soft Maple Panels. I have just started this project and will update...
  15. Jim Niemi

should I use Titebond Liquid Hide Glue?

We have had this project at our shop that we glue up 4 2 x 2 x 38" Walnut blanks into a 4 x 4 x 38" blank when it is glued up, and it gets turned into a profile. When we get it back from the turner we have to separate this in 4 parts to be used as 4 legs of a table. Now we have a HARD time...
  16. Jim Niemi

5 specie Chess Board

Well I promised that I would post this Chess Board when I got done with it. This Chess board is made out of 5 Different Specie's of wood: Quartered Cherry, Holly, Quartered walnut, Curly soft maple, and Jotoba. All of the squares are made out of the Qtrd Cherry and the Holly in which I...
  17. Jim Niemi

Happy Birthday Tom Niemi

Thought I would say Happy Birthday Dad!:)