Search results

1. Bill Satko

Self Closing Door Hinge with "Stay-Open" Detent?

Interesting. We have doors in a hallway that have magnetic door stops that serve the same function but you have to give them a real tug to break the magnetic pull. This might be a good substitute and also provide for self closing.
  2. Bill Satko

Weather dot com

Nice chairs! Did you get them at Ikea?
  3. Bill Satko

YouTube TV Questions

I will try and answer your questions, but I want to say that I use a Fire Stick and that might be different than what you can do on another controller. Also, my approach to using YouTube TV is very primitive. I only watch recorded programs and what I watch is very limited, mostly sports and a...
  4. Bill Satko

Boob Tube Help?

YouTube TV. I record local programs all the time.
  5. Bill Satko

Boob Tube Help?

Another thumbs up for YouTube TV. I am using Fire TV. I have a line of sight internet by a local provider which provides a whopping 10/3 Mbps. And it works for my needs.
  6. Bill Satko

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

I moved where there are few neighbors not because of nosy neighbors but noisy neighbors. When you live in the suburbs you can not help but be inundated with noise. It is all around you. Most become so acclimatized with the constant background noise that they don't even notice it , but I...
  7. Bill Satko

Friday 4/5/24

Vacuuming and mopping the entire house for the wife's return from a week long trip to the other side of the mountains. Also need to come up with some imaginary tasks I accomplished while she was gone. I don't think playing pickleball or riding my bike all week is going to impress her.
  8. Bill Satko

Happy Birthday Toni Ciuraneta!

Happy birthday Toni! I remember a belated birthday party we had for Toni 14 years ago. Long live Tour de Wood 2010.
  9. Bill Satko

Hoarding wood...

There is something about a fine piece of wood that makes me hesitate to use. I have several (many?) pieces in storage that I can't bring myself to use yet. They are of such beauty that it requires just the right project to do them justice. Adding to that is the belief that I am not yet...
  10. Bill Satko

Crook Neck Source / Preference

I have been tempted many times in buying a chisel plane, but have managed to put it off with the belief that most all its functions can be accomplished by a chisel, especially a cranked chisel. Of course that being said, don't be surprised if in the future I showcase the purchase of a LN chisel...
  11. Bill Satko

Friday 03-29-24

Let me guess Tom Sawyer, you told him you were having so much fun mudding these past months but felt guilty knowing he was coming for a visit that you saved some for him. I wish I had a BIL like that. If I did, I would share all my fun chores with him.
  12. Bill Satko

Friday 03-29-24

Better enjoy it pool boy. There still may be pina colada's in your future but I don't think there will be a lot of pool time.
  13. Bill Satko

How many Cans of WD-40?

I am not a fan of the "fancy fold down spout" as I also have had problems with them. I have about 3 standard spray cans and one small one. I like the small one as it seems to work better when you just want a small squirt on something without getting too much overspray. But they sure gouge you...
  14. Bill Satko

I hate meeses to pieces....

I am guessing we wouldn't be having the Levine's over for a visit anytime soon. We had some friends stay with us and as they were about to leave, we all gathered next to their car to say goodbye. I happened to look down and a good size bull snake who had been shading himself under their car...
  15. Bill Satko

Crook Neck Source / Preference

I would not recommend the Two Cherries chisels. While I don't have their cranked chisels, I do have their regular chisels and am not happy with their edge retention. If you want to just buy new, I guess I would lean toward the Narex brand. I don't have any Narex chisels but their reviews seem...
  16. Bill Satko

Good Morning Friday 22nd

Because we have had a very mild winter with a much reduced snowpack in the mountains, the crews are starting work on opening up the North Cascade Pass this coming Monday. That is much earlier than most years. The road is gated at each end of this beautiful highway during the winter so that the...
  17. Bill Satko

Problem: Woodpeckers SS Woodworking Square

I wondered the same thing. Was it a one off or a batch problem? Human error or a robotic error? Not knowing their production process, we will never know. What I do know, there was a failure in two areas: the actual manufacture process and the quality inspections process. I was just happy to...
  18. Bill Satko

As I anticipated, I was contacted first thing Monday morning by Woodpeckers via email. They asked for some pictures showing what my problem was, which I sent. They promptly replied again and basically said, "yeah I see what you mean". They are sending me another and a prepaid label for me to...
  19. Bill Satko

I have a few Woodpecker tools: router table and lift, T-square and a large aluminum square. Almost all of these were bought some time ago when the pricing was not so egregious. Because I do so much hand work I have wanted one of their stainless steel square with the nice scribing notches. Over...
  20. Bill Satko

New Wooden Smoother, Kind of...

Yes, a sole patch like this: I have several old broken moulding planes I could us for wood.