Search results

1. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

Finally took the time during our recent snow fall to get a first real project done for the shop. i have needed this for years but was always put on the back burner. I saw the photo in a magazine. Its perfect, so spent a couple of days designing as i went and putting it all together. Sort of...
  2. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

I will be a little sidelined for the next while Until the insurance company either fixes or writes off My pathfinder. Hit a patch of Black ice last week at low speed and it still put me into the ditch. Air bags went off so that pretty much writes off the car i am told. We are ok as it was a slow...
  3. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

Spent the day yesterday finishing off the windows and doors to the shop. Boxs in and trimmings done. Still have to do painting but this is the last thing to do on the building. Now I can just focus on organizing and building some cabinets. Might even have my old table saw sold. A little cash in...
  4. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

It was another long day of getting the last of the ducting in place. I used up all of the spiral ducting and still have two rubber maids full of fittings left over. Not to mention flex hose. All the main tools are hooked up with the lathe and miter saw still to go. After that I got to putting...
  5. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

After a full day of hanging ducting. I am down to the last lengths of 4 inch material. So far have not had to use any flex hose. Still have a few fittings left over and need a few more four inch 90 degrees to finish off the band saw hook up. So far its working great. Though my back is reminding...
  6. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

Spent the day getting some of the ducting up for the DC. Took far longer than I expected due to messing around with yet more gunked up 90s. Picking through the fittings I have to figure how to make what i want to do happen. So far its going along well but might need a few more lengths of...
  7. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

Here are some of the photos i took today. H] The first is the old pump house. I had to support the one corner while I took The corner support out to dig the trench to the well head. Next is the new Well cap. The old system just came up inside the building to the pressure tank and then went...
  8. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

I forgot to mention I did finally get the cedar canoe into its new home In the shop the other day. I built it in 95 and it's been out in the elements for the past yr. It needs some TLC now. So till I can get to that and the kayak I have to build it wI'll just have to hang from the ceiling. I...
  9. Drew Watson

New Dewalt Flex volt Circular saw

Just picked up the new flex volt 60 volt circular saw yesterday. I have been waiting for this one to arrive as I got a screaming good deal on it. Its a bit heavier than I expected but all the controls are exactly like my old Sawcat. No cord to drag around though. It has a light which in my...
  10. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

Finally got around to moving the deep freeze out of the shop and into the new " mechanical room'. Moved the big tools around to their final resting places and wired them in. Wish that I had more time right now to be spending more time in the shop but have been racing against time getting the...
  11. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

Well things are coming along. The door I ordered last week finally arrived. needed a left hand swing and they delivered a right. Cant you just make it work they ask? yea no. Anyways it arrived today and I was able to install it . Ordered the last of the roofing I need for the Dc room on the shop...
  12. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

I was collecting up all the insulation that I had stacked outside the other day and stuck my head in to get some pictures. All the dust has settled now so the flash worked. One picture is of the hot water tank under the kitchen floor and about 2ish ft into the ground in a dug out dirt hole. the...
  13. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

I use my Asbestos removal gear and training for the removal of all the infested insulation ( full face mask with wrists and ankles taped to gloves and boots) . I wouldn't go under the house without it. I removed the remaining insulation out today and beefed up the floor joists at the same time...
  14. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

Thanks everyone for the great comments. It actually arrived on my 55 birthday Stu so happy B to me. lol Of course had to take a day off for my back to recover. That 20 yr old that hides inside me is really not doing his job anymore. Yes the plans are in the works for a 4 x 8 out feed table with...
  15. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

The saw arrived on the 22 to my door step. I am so impressed with Grizzly. Took a bit of work but finally got the beast into the shop. Just as the Whett inspector showed up to look at the wood stove instillation and passed it with no question. Though its not called a shop its called a studio...
  16. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

DC all installed in back room. Room all insulated with sound deadening R20 insulation and throw some vapour barrier up to keep the insulation contained. I still need to run the ducting but fired it up to life yesterday after almost two years in storage. wired in the control through the wall into...
  17. Drew Watson

Dewalt Flex volt Battery

So just heard they have released their new line of batteries. Flex volt 20 - 60 volt battery. Will work on tools between those voltages. though 20 volt tools will get 4 times the run time. The 60 volt will double up to run the new 120 volt battery / corded 12 inch miter saw. I heard this was in...
  18. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

That is it, ceiling is all done. Rushed through it, could use a second coat of paint but its a shop. I originally had not even planned to insulate or board it so this was all extra. Now to take a few days to rest ( over did it on the shoulder and Knee) then back at it cleaning up the mess and...
  19. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

Here are a few photos of the progress of the inside work. Though a little backwards. The first is the last after doing the walls to final sanding and painting Iu have moved everything to the walls so I can get the ceiling finished off. I got the taping done yesterday and will get the rest of the...
  20. Drew Watson

new shop in the works

Spent time finally getting the last few 220 volt wires in and then cleaned up as much of the place as i can right now. Cleared space and I ordered the drywall today. Still have to get the stove pipe in to the roof and the bump out off the back of the building to house the DC. Progress all the...