Search results

1. Niki Avrahami

"Cording" the "Cordless" drill

Good day On another post, Jerry Evans noticed that I'm using the flashlight battery to power the "cordless" drill... I'm known as a junk collector....and cheap. I didn't want to trash the drill (actually 3 drills) but to buy new batteries...well, sometimes a new drill will cost less... So I...
  2. Niki Avrahami

Euro hinges for beginners - part II

Good day Continued from part I.... Regards niki
  3. Niki Avrahami

Euro hinges for beginners - part I

Good day I would like to share with you my "amatorski" way of installing Euro hinges (the correct name is - Concealed hinges). There are many types and shapes but, I deal only with the 3 basic types (keep it simple) Full overlay Half overlay Inset I don't use "Face frame" so, I don't have any...
  4. Niki Avrahami

Sanders dust extraction improvement

Good day My sanders have the dust extraction port but the dust extraction is very poor. I made this very small modification that improved the dust extraction to a level that I have dust free sanding. PS you don't have to start smoking :) I made small improvement to the ROS that...
  5. Niki Avrahami

TS Alignment & "Short fence"

Good Day I would like to share with you my method. I think that almost all table saws comes from the factory "almost" aligned so, I'm using this procedure to "fine tune" the factory "almost"... As you'll see, I'm not using any Hi-Tech nor Lo-Tech instruments because every blade has some...
  6. Niki Avrahami

Thin boards glue-up

Good day Disclaimer This idea is not mine, I saw it in a book and just modified it a little bit Claimer I swear that I took the pictures myself :) The idea might be good for all the "Boxers" here This idea will work with thin boards up to 10mm (3/8"). First I experimented with 8mm (5/16")...
  7. Niki Avrahami

Foam Brushes

Good day After all those "heavy" jigs, here is something "light" :) I'm using foam brushes almost with every paint or finish except, oil based stain and Nitro based paint. The biggest problem is....where from to steal the foam matress :) Regards niki
  8. Niki Avrahami

Vice...

Good day Well, long time no wood working but I had this idea in mind.... As you know...and if you don't - you know now...I don't have a "normal" workbench with vices but, sometimes I need them. So, I made a very simple, easy and cheap vices. I leave it to your imagination what you can do...
  9. Niki Avrahami

TAble saw sled - part VI - last...

Good day So...that is the last post in the "sled" series... The last add-on is a "hold-down blocks" to cut small pieces I hope that you got some ideas for your sled and maybe, you got your ideas for more add-ons that will help you with your tasks.... Best regards niki
  10. Niki Avrahami

Table saw sled - part V

Good day On this post, I made a new wider (or longer) "Hold-Down" plate for better holding of long pieces while ripping....on this sled I can rip or cross-cut boards up to 15½" long or wide. As you'll see, I used screws to connect the support to the sled but later, I used two dowels (5/16"...
  11. Niki Avrahami

Table saw sled - part IV

Good day Some more modifications and improvements... Regards niki
  12. Niki Avrahami

Table saw sled - part III

Good day On this part I made some improvements and modifications mainly with the "hold down" Regards niki
  13. Niki Avrahami

Table saw sled - part II

Good day This post is continuation of the "Table saw sled - part I" regards niki
  14. Niki Avrahami

Table saw sled - part I

Good day I have only one sled that is dedicated to frame cutting at 45° and because it cuts so perfect, I don’t want to remove the triangle and use it also for normal crosscutting. Actually, I have two “half sleds” and sliding table so I don’t need a sled for crosscutting. I made this sled...
  15. Niki Avrahami

Cutting small &narrow pieces on table saw

Good day I had to rip a few small pieces for some router table aid/fixture and I would like to share with you the method. I'm using an Auxiliary fence clamped to the rip fence...now, when I'm saying Aux fence.... give me some good width say, 4"~6"....you don't like to "drive" in congested...
  16. Niki Avrahami

Picture frame - part II

Good day I did not want to overload the other post that already contains 30 pics so, here is the other part... I just have to cut the glass and attach the back...as I said (well, SHE said), no finish... Regards niki
  17. Niki Avrahami

Cutting tapers...or straight

Good day On my last post, "Picture frame", I used some jig for the table saw that helps me to straighten one side of a board... This "jig" is actually my "Sawboard" (circular saw guide) that I modified to use for taper and straight cutting. I made it from the sawboard to save on jigs.....not...
  18. Niki Avrahami

Picture frames - Amatorski methods

Good day My wife ordered another 3 picture frames (I made 2 a few days ago) and I decided to take a few pics so you can see my "Amatorski" working methods. Still, I have to make rabbets for the glass and back-cover, and mortise (Well, groove) for loose tenon. One frame if made of Lauan and...
  19. Niki Avrahami

US Marine ?????????

Deleted........
  20. Niki Avrahami

Folding adjustable height table

Good day I made this table for different purpose but, I will not tell you which one because you will laugh on me..... :oops: But, while working on it in the garage, I thought that I can use it also as an adjustable height table for the Drill press, table saw, router table and alike to support...