Search results

1. R

crawl space encapsulation

My neighbor had this done and seems to be pleased with it. I actually hadn't heard much about it and wondered what the opinions, knowledge and impressions of the process of the Family members are. The system he used is Americrawl. You can see it here...
  2. R

Proud to announce . . .

On this date in 1967 Becky Boyer became Becky Jones. She remains, 45 years later, the love of my life and my best friend. Happy anniversary sweetheart. I love you!
  3. R

Old geezers will enjoy this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDc0ID6PJeg&feature=player_embedded Why is it easier to remember these days than it is what I ate at breakfast this morning?
  4. R

Porter Cable router and table question

This is a Porter Cable router table with a 690 router. Comes with 3 bases: D-handle base, plunge router base, and fixed. It also has 1/4" and 1/2" collets. It also comes with template guide set and a edge guide. Everything here has been used very moderately and is in excellent condition...
  5. R

Delta 14" band saw Indy area

Delta 14" band saw. Not mine, no interest in it. Though someone might be. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/2953183224.html
  6. R

Everyone ok???

Just wondering if Family members in the areas affected by today's tornadoes are OK?? Sure hope so. What a disaster. Events like today's devastation put everyday problems in perspective don't they? The death count in southern Indiana approaches 15 the last I heard. I'm in the Indy area, and we...
  7. R

How do you define "local" in terms of round trip miles?

As I read through the thread on internet purchasing I noticed "local" used frequently. It occurred that the meaning of "local" had to mean different things to each of us. I just thought it might be interesting to see what "local" means to us in terms of round trip miles. For me a round trip...
  8. R

Kindle Fire question

I checked the Amazon site and couldn't find or missed the answer to this question. Since I'm not ashamed to show my ignorance of such devices here goes. Can you load CD's to the Kindle Fire, I'm guessing much like you would an MP3 player, using your computer? I know they aren't out yet, but...
  9. R

Woodworker's Journal surveys--the good part

I don't know if any of you have signed up to take the surveys that WWJ sends out via email occasionally but I have done them for quite a while now. They always say the all who participate are eligible to win a prize of some sort and list the names and home towns of those who have won in the...
  10. R

More good thoughts and prayers please.

Dad lost his battle with pancreatic cancer today. When you live in a small town and 3 people die within a day of each other it is a problem for the 1 mortuary. His calling is Friday afternoon and funeral is Saturday. Dad was 91, a WWII vet serving in the Army in the south Pacific, one of my...
  11. R

44 years ago today

Becky Boyer, a beautiful young lady, stood in front of witnesses, said "I do" and became Becky Jones. Undoubtedly the best thing that ever happened to me.
  12. R

My dad needs your help! Seriously

I haven't been here much lately and most likely won't be around too much in the near future. My dad, we got the final diagnosis today, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He and mom, and me too, will appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. He is 91 and his mind is sharp. He had to quit work in...
  13. R

Tools+kids=tragedy very sad story

I just learned that the 22 month old son of one of my former students somehow shot himself in the chest with a brad nailer--it hit his heart. He is in critical condition and not doing well. It's been years since I've seen his mom, and I don't even know his name. I'm sure that prayers and good...
  14. R

Good to get back here.

The internet and cable went out Monday morning. Got it back Tuesday afternoon, and the computer died about 20 minutes later. Got word from the computer shop that a new, better (isn't it always that way) computer would only be about $170 more than fixing the old one. That's cool--but fix the...
  15. R

Take me back to the '60's!

This takes me back to my high school and college days. In fact I started and finished high school and college, got married and started my teaching career in that decade. For some of you it will be nostalgic; for others it will be a history lesson. Turn up your speakers--I hope you enjoy this...
  16. R

Pocket knife--what, when do you carry?

I'm sure this has been covered in the past, but I felt an updated survey couldn't hurt. Be sure to participate in the poll. Do you carry a pocket knife? When? Where? Maybe most important question of all, what kind? I've had my share of them, from the cheap one's I had in my tackle box as a...
  17. R

An obituary

An Obituary printed in the London Times - Interesting and sadly, rather true: (which is why I send to you) Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in...
  18. R

Do you change your engine oil yourself?

I have changed my car's engine oil, at least occasionally, for at least 45 years. Just today I learned I needed air tools to do it. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U73-gR-B_q8&feature=channel_video_title It's a wonder I survived! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  19. R

GRR-Ripper question--dust collection???

Thought I wanted to get a GRR-Ripper. Thought I wanted to get a Shark Guard. Guess I need to think some more don't I? It appears that lack of dust collection is the major down side to the GRR-Ripper. Am I missing something here?
  20. R

Dancing Sycamores

Congrats to my Indiana State University Sycamores for winning the Missouri Valley Conference tournament in St. Louis. The #3 seeded Trees go the the Big Dance for the first time in 10 years by defeating Evansville, #2 Wichita State and #1 Missouri State. Three wins in 3 days.:thumb::thumb: