Search results

1. James Edwards

wow... been a while

since I've visited, hope alls' well... what brings me here is I'm looking for some new table saw blades.. went thru half dozen or so over the past few years,and I need to restock. I can't believe..A: the poor selection as opposed to a few yrs ago.. and B: the price.... I don't want Irwin, B&D...
  2. James Edwards

Powercraft scroll saw

12"... 1/3hp...putting it here for a friend. it's on a wooden stand,and runs great. This one's American iron. I have morepics for those interested... he's askin' $100/BO.... located in Winchester,Va. [/IMG]
  3. James Edwards

pocket doors.....

let me start off saying that this is my 1st attempt at this. I'm building a 2-piece ent. center for the wife, and now I'm at a standstill. I've installed both sets of slides(KV),and they work fine with the follower strip. now the cup hinges.. well, I made a test door, following the measurements...
  4. James Edwards

any ideas?

my dad picked up this tool at a sale a few yrs back, and I've tried to find out about it. nothing. nadda. The box says it's a Chicago,Ill. company, but nadda on them either... it's called the Shop Chief portable sander..works on a drill... vintage, for sure [/IMG] [/IMG] says "Work Shop...
  5. James Edwards

ok...

...starting on my 2nd ginger ale and shine... WV shine at that....hoisting a glass in memory of those poor souls that bought the farm in the coal mine... they were fellow WV'ians... maybe not the sharpest knives in the drawer, but faithful to a fault to their jobs and families. I wouldn't go...
  6. James Edwards

Grandson #2...

Colton Lee Seibert 1 week old today and the crib I made for him...his Dad does woodworking, so he has no choice but to grow up in the sawdust!!! :thumb:[/IMG] [/IMG]
  7. James Edwards

making room in the garage

I'm selling this tool because I rarely use it, and I need the space: [/IMG] Delta X5 18 x 36 drum sander thats' in excellent working condition... thought I had to have it, and have only used it a handful of times... takes up too much space, and is not really needed for building the furniure...
  8. James Edwards

perspective....

my only daughter is in the hospital having her 1st child as I write this.... expecting all to go well...but, at the same time,a co-worker just lost his 3 yo grandson the other day. been sick since birth, and I can't imagine how he feels, as this was his only grandchild. things like this keeps...
  9. James Edwards

it was only a matter of time

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/25130/man-wins-big-money-in-tablesaw-lawsuit here we go.....
  10. James Edwards

ENOUGH ALREADY......

...snow that is.... we're expecting our 3rd major snowstorm tomorrow...up to 20" more, after the 30" we got over the weekend. I do snow removal at the VA hospital where I work, and I put in 40 hrs OT over the weekend removing snow... now this... with yet another snow called for next Monday/Tue...
  11. James Edwards

..did anyone catch this ?.......

http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=1bf99434 simply fantastic......
  12. James Edwards

you think YOU pay alot for lumber....

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2009/11/17/gibson_guitars_raided_by_fbi how's THAT for high dollar wood....:doh:
  13. James Edwards

question for the sawyers....

what is used mostly to treat the ends of boards, right of the mill? I've heard beeswax( too expensive/time consuming), parafin wax( same), oil based paint, kreosote(no longer available I don't think)... :dunno: I'm having about 1000-1500 BF sawn and I need to seal the ends.... what say ye...
  14. James Edwards

B-17 log.....

http://downloads.hyperscale.com/guides/B17log.pdf amazing read.....;)
  15. James Edwards

drum sander snipe

AHHHHH... I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to this thing :doh: I have a delta 18-36" drum sander that I can't get to stop sniping my boards. It's set up as perfect as I can get it, but the sniping continues. it has something to do with the rollers, and I read nowhere in the manual about...
  16. James Edwards

cramped quarters

those 8 sheets of pre-finished cherry ply has gotta go,goit 'em cheap enough to pass up, but had no storage available... my smokehouse has no room for more lumber,and they're gonna be the new kitchen cabinets for the wife. yeah, it a messy place, but it was a garage first to keep/work on...
  17. James Edwards

dilema...

1st off, when I climbed up on that stack of lumber at the mill to fetch 2 planks,I had no idea what the price would be...they were 2"x10"x8' curly maple..knew they'd be salty, but wasn't thinking about it,really. I'm building a crib for my daughters' 1st child due in March, and all I saw was...
  18. James Edwards

parallel parking....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/21/is-this-little-kid-the-be_n_264929.html :biker:
  19. James Edwards

French polish or Padding...

I understand it's not really French unless pumice is used, but whichever it is, I tried the technique on a cherry table that I built, and am so-so happy with the outcome. I have embedded "swirls" that won't come out,even when I did the alcohol-only pads... with a touch of oil for lube. I got a...
  20. James Edwards

Stunning....

[/IMG] I'm speechless....I received this from fellow member Dale Johnson. He made this from the aged Cherry that I sent to him. all I can say is "Stunning"... what a beautiful piece..a quality work that's beyond my capabilities.:clap::clap: Dale, you're in the wrong business if this isn't...