Search results

1. Dewayne Baker

Piano keys end grain boards

My latest work. Piano keys end grain cutting boards. Made with maple, cherry, walnut, purpleheart, bloodwood and wenge. I wanted to try something different for the field above the keys and discovered this Ripple pattern by Ambrose Boards. This is my first attempt at this pattern and it was a lot...
  2. Dewayne Baker

Stacked diamond pattern end grain cutting board

Maple walnut and bloodwood Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Dewayne Baker

My favorite end grain cutting board pattern

I Just Finish these beautiful end grain cutting boards. The overlapping squares pattern was a fun challenge. The boards are 1 1/4” thick and made from maple, cherry, purpleheart and wenge.
  4. Dewayne Baker

Bow front dresser with curly maple and waterfall bubinga.

Asian inspired bow front dresser featuring curly maple and bubinga veneer. When my wife asked me to build her a low boy dresser a few years ago I saw it as an opportunity to showcase some beautiful timbers and challenge my skills. I wanted something unique and and sketched out this leg design...
  5. Dewayne Baker

Maple and Purpleheart 3D end grain board

Thei end grain board was a lot of fun to make and I love the look. Dimensions are 14" X 14" X 1 1/4" Mineral oil and beeswax finish with rubber feet to prevent movement during use. I had some scraps left over so I made a smaller 6" X 14" bread / cheese board to go with it.
  6. Dewayne Baker

Stunning Maple and Wenge Keepsake Box

This beautiful keepsake box features figured maple and wenge. Luxurious hand rubbed oil and polyurethane finish and velour fabric bottom. The lid is hinged with brass pins and designed to rest on the back of the box when open. For such a small project this box has some significant challenges for...
  7. Dewayne Baker

Birthday gift and garrage sale find, Sawstop

I got a really nice Delta 12" disc sander for my birthday Friday 4-6. I especially like the dust collection on this one. Very heavy and solid tool. Then Sunday 4-7 I see this Saw in a garrage sale add in my neighborhood. Of corse it followed me home. I also got a Bosh router, router table...
  8. Dewayne Baker

Maple and wenge box

Maple and wenge keepsake box with velour fabric bottom. Dimensions are 8" X 10" X 3 1/2" high. Interior 8 1/4" X 6 1/4" X 2 1/8" deep. This is a hand crafted original creation in new condition. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Dewayne Baker

End Grain Boards Plan

I have published a tutorial/plan for some end grain boards I did a while back. https://www.instructables.com/id/End-Grain-Cutting-Boards-Build-Process/
  10. Dewayne Baker

Recent small projects.

Making use of some project remnants and scraps with the small projects. Bandsaw box with walnut and maple.End grain cutting board with Purpleheart and Lyptus. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Dewayne Baker

A few keepsake boxes

I have been having so much fun creating these boxes. I hope you enjoy the pics. Asian inspired walnut and maple. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. Dewayne Baker

Twin Dressers project finished

Twin dressers for my twin daughters who are 8 years old. I have been working on this project in my spare time for over a year and now they're finally done. The girls are ecstatic! Woods used are cherry, maple and walnut. The pulls are a bent lamination and attached with walnut dowels. The tops...
  13. Dewayne Baker

Twin dressers project progress

Dresser project progress This is model of 2 dresser’s I am building that I drew in sketchup. I am a bit of a beginner in sketchup and the model is not 100% accurate in relation to my final plan drawings. My first step in the project was to veneer 3/8” MDF panels for the side frame and...
  14. Dewayne Baker

dust collection with the dadowiz

I really like the dadowiz for making dadoes with the router but dust collection is a problem. I have a dust port on my router but with a guide collar in place and the router resting on the dadowiz it's useless. I need'ed to come up with something that trails the tool to effectively collect the...
  15. Dewayne Baker

Bow front lowboy dresser challenges

I am pretty new to sketchup but thanks to youtube video tutorials I am catching on. Here is a dresser I am working on. The piece will present some new challenges for me. I have done a few bent laminations and use a vacuum press but haven’t done bent lam drawers before. I am pondering joinery for...
  16. Dewayne Baker

Couple of shelving projects

Once in a while in-between my fine woodworking projects I get a work order from my wife and family for something a little more basic. Our “game closet” has been in dire need of some extra shelves as we have many games and only one shelf. Another issue has been my son needed a place to display...
  17. Dewayne Baker

Convertible changing table #1,2&3

I have built three of these changing tables. The design allows the piece to be converted to a small dresser when the child grows out the diapers. Here is the first piece I built. After building the first table for my son in 2006 I was contacted by Woodcraft magazine and asked if I would like...
  18. Dewayne Baker

Bent lamination dresser pulls, process and results.

Several months ago I shared a design idea for bent lamination dresser pulls. I have some process and results photos to share. I begin by creating templates, bending form and shop sawn veneers of cherry and curly maple. The veneers are glued up using weldwood plastic resin glue and a...
  19. Dewayne Baker

Shopnotes Horizontal Morticing Machine

I built this horizontal router jig from plans featured in an old issue of Shopnotes magazine vol. 12 issue 68. The jig excels at routing mortice and tenon joinery and slots for concealed hinges. The plan has quite a long list of hardware. I ordered some of the hardware on line and spent a couple...
  20. Dewayne Baker

I'm comparing these two drill presses

I am hoping Santa will bring me a new drill press for Christmas. I really like the Powermatic but at a savings of over $300 I think the Delta will do nicely. . What do you think?