Search results

1. L

Gluing brass to brass

I am building a grandfather clock and I while working on mounting the movement and dial face the dial face fell to the floor:eek: But luckily it landed flat on the face and did not bend:D . But, numbers 1 -8 fell off the face:(. They were just glued on so I guess I can just glue them back on...
  2. L

Building the workbench in Woodsmith Vol29/NO.173

I have finally decide to make something that is NOT a cabinet! A real woodworking workbench.:D The plan calls for the front vise to be the Veritas 70G08.02 from Lee Valley. This vise actually comes in 2 versions. The one the plan calls for does not have the quick release feature, but they...
  3. L

Interesting Web site

I stumbled upon this web site and thought I would share it with everyone. this guy has the largest listing of woodworking software and misc woodworking links I have ever seen. Plus check out the Is this Norm section! http://www.woodbin.com
  4. L

Trip to Little Rock, AR?

SWMBO has asked me to accompany her to Little Rock this weekend for a conference she is attending. I will have the day on Saturday to do whatever I want. Are there any members here in the Little Rock area that would want to give me a shop tour? I would also like to visit any woodworking stores...
  5. L

Local source for waterborne clear finishes

Hello all, As most of you know, I live in a small town in western Arkansas (Mountainburg, which is just outside of Fort Smith). I would prefer to find a local source for waterborne clear finishes. So far all I have been able to find at the paint stores/BORGs are Benjiman-Moore...
  6. L

Frustrated with sketchup

I know it is me. But that does not lessen my extreme frustration with the evil torture chamber called sketchup!!!! All I really want to do is design a corner cabinet for my office. It took me SEVERAL Hours to draw my cabinet in sketchup, and then I wanted to change it's size and I screwed it...
  7. L

So this is where everyone went!

I had been wondering where some of the familiar names had gone over at SMC. It appears that I have now found them. I have been a long time member over there, but I don't read all the posts (not even close to all!) But it looks like there was some kind of coup attempt or some kind of difference...