Search results

1. J

Shop vac question

I now have a new Table Saw (Bosch 4100-09). Next purchase will be a decent shop vac to hook up to the dust port on the TS. I would like to be able to just turn on the TS and have the shop vac start too. My question is what switch are you using to be able to do it? I did a quick search on...
  2. J

New Bosch table saw accessories?

I just purchased my first table saw, a Bosch 4100-09. I was debating between the Dewalt portable or the Bosch portable. I am very limited for space in my garage so that is why I opted for a portable TS. Obviously, I would have loved to get a good cabinet saw, but I am hoping in the future I...
  3. J

Older PM table saw, any advice?

Hello, Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I have been looking for a table saw for awhile now. Was thinking about buying new (Bosch 4100-9), but just saw this today on Craigslist http://sd.craigslist.org/tls/5280188803.html I do not know anything about it other than it is...
  4. J

bandsaw blade tension question

Hello, I just received my new Timber Wolf 3/16" x 4tpi 93 1/2" bandsaw blade. First time I will be using a Timber Wolf blade. I am wondering how to properly tension for this blade? It did not come with any instructions on how to properly tension it. I've heard that Timber Wolf blades do not...
  5. J

What is best way to dry short basswood logs?

Hello, I'm a hobbyist woodcarver. A friend called and said they had a basswood tree on their property that had fallen about 4 years ago in a storm. They just decided to try and get rid of it. They were going to burn it. I hate the thought of free wood going to waste. He cut up some chunks of...
  6. J

Which router for hobbyist?

I'm looking to get my first router. I haven't really started reading any reviews yet but I thought I'd start here first in my research. I am a hobbyist woodcarver and I would like to start making my own bases for my carvings. I would prefer using hardwoods for my bases (oak, walnut, etc.)...
  7. J

Is it worth the time?

Hello, There is an upcoming auction here in Yankton. Here is a link to the sale bill: http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/showimage.cgi?lid=842595&type=at&in=1 I was just wondering your opinion on the table saw and miter saw. Are they ok tools for the hobbyist and if so what would you pay for...
  8. J

Looking for suggestions.

Hello, First, I would like to say this is a great site. I am more of a lurker than poster. I do more woodcarving than woodworking, but I thought I'd post some questions here first. I have just finished a relief woodcarving in butternut. It's somewhat small, about 6 3/4" x 10". I plan on...