Search results

1. Bernie Weishapl

Cored Bowls

Here are 4 more sets of cored bowls. Sorry for the pic's but they are going out the door as we speak. Takes me more time which is frustrating trying to make sure the sanding is done well and having a eye that doesn't work. lol Anyway these are finished with Antique Oil. The size ranges from 13"...
  2. Bernie Weishapl

Bowls

Well it has been a while since I have posted. I have been fighting some eye issues and it has been frustrating. Anyway finally have a appointment to do a eval on getting surgery done in Feb for cataracts. Makes it tough when everything is like looking thru a cloud. Anyway enough about that. I...
  3. Bernie Weishapl

More turnings

Well been busy with orders. Have made 14 more business card holders and 13 more seam rippers. They have been selling pretty well. The seam rippers on the right in the picture are ones I bought at Wal-Mart and are selling the fastest. I get $14.50 for them. I can make about 4 a hour. The others...
  4. Bernie Weishapl

New Order

Well I went to the Buffalo Bill Cultural Center on Monday on our way home from spending Easter with the grandkids. I had stopped and talked with them about 2 weeks ago. So this time I took my book of pictures down with me to show the Director as she was on vacation the first time I was there...
  5. Bernie Weishapl

Peppermill Order

Well here are a few of the 20 mills I did this last week or so. They are 8" and finished with Deft rattle can lacquer. There is ambrosia maple, 2 cherry, 1 cedar, and 2 walnut. Glad they are done and can now start on my next order that was place Monday by the Buffalo Bill Cultural Center.
  6. Bernie Weishapl

More turning

Wasn't sure where to post this so here goes. First off I got a call last week from Buffalo Bill Cultural Center. They would like to buy and present for sale some of my turnings at the Center. They promote handmade products from Kansas and anything with a western theme. I sent them several...
  7. Bernie Weishapl

Orders

Well got most of my Christmas orders done. I have in the back from left to right is two cedar peppermills, a set of cedar salt and peppermills, a set of cherry salt and peppermills, along with several toothpick holders. In front in the middle is a Honduran Mahogany salt mill and antique...
  8. Bernie Weishapl

Craft Fair

Well did my first craft fair in about 5 yrs. It went really well. After all expenses including sales tax I went over $500 and got 8 more orders which is going to bring the total to over $1000 after expenses. I am so pleased. Funny thing is didn't sell one bowl or vase. All were peppermills...
  9. Bernie Weishapl

Salt and Peppermills

Well got my Salt/Peppermills and peppermills done I think. I did 22 of these. These are all made from Cherry, walnut and cedar. The salt and peppermill sets are cherry for salt and walnut for pepper. All are 8" and finished with laquer. Trying to get ready for a craft fair. I am going to try one...
  10. Bernie Weishapl

Peppermills

Well here are some antique style peppermills and a salt/peppermill set with coasters. The first two antique mills are mimosa and the other is cedar. The cedar mill will be paired with the cedar toothpick holder I posted a few days ago. The salt/pepper mills are cherry and walnut. All finished...
  11. Bernie Weishapl

Peppermill

Have a question for all you turners. I ordered 3 salt mills and made one. Nobody has bought it. They have told me no one wants a salt mill. They are the ceramic type from Woodcraft. Is there any reason these couldn't be used for peppermills? I looked them over and the only difference I can see...
  12. Bernie Weishapl

Toothpick Holders

Had a order come in Tuesday for 6 toothpick holders. Two were from a friend who's kids are KC football fans. Anyway One is dyed red the others are natural. I made 4 from maple and 2 from cedar. All finished with Target EM6000 water based lacquer. Need to make a 4 more for the floral/craft store...
  13. Bernie Weishapl

Christmas Ornaments

Well here are the last of the ornaments until more orders come in. I am ready for the floral/craft store and the art gallery. Here is 5 of 25 or so ornaments (around 100 birdhouses) I have turned for this year. I have gotten better with my 1/4" & 1" skew and the bottom finials. All finished with...
  14. Bernie Weishapl

More Christmas ornaments

Here are 3 of many birdhouses and a couple of ornaments I did for a order. The lady didn't like the icicle type and said she would like one of those on the bottom the same size. Well she pointed to a finial. I told her that would be a lot more than the usual and she said that is what I want. I...
  15. Bernie Weishapl

Mini Birdhouses

Well here are a couple of more out of the dozen more I made this week. Only about 36 or so to go then Christmas is done. When you guys get tired of these let me know.
  16. Bernie Weishapl

Mini Birdhouses

Here are part of a dozen I made day before and yesterday. I was asked if I could provide some close up's of the brick and barn style. I also had a couple of small pieces of maple burl that was spalted which sure turned out pretty. Didn't do anything to them as they show off themselves. All are...
  17. Bernie Weishapl

More Birdhouses

Here are a few more birdhouses. Headed to the shop to whittle down the 100 or so still needed.:rofl:
  18. Bernie Weishapl

Birdhouse Ornaments

Well have been doing some bowl coring lately. I have about 5 sets cored out of maple so thought I would do a change of pace. I needed to get started on my Christmas orders. What is nice is all but one said when I asked what style do you want and they said surprise me. Well when coring and...
  19. Bernie Weishapl

NIP Vase

Well started turning a NIP vase last week. Had the outside pretty much done and was roughing out the inside. Well the wife came out and said we had company so I needed to come in. I was hesitant to do so as I was afraid to leave it to long. So I spritzed it with some water and covered it with a...
  20. Bernie Weishapl

Platter

Had a great friend of mine retired 3/31/12 from AT&T with 38 yrs. His retirement party is June 9th. When I was with the FAA he would work on our phone lines for all the equipment we had. There were sometimes in the middle of a thunderstorm or snow storm that the two of us were out getting things...